Fished the Soque today(what is this fish?)

telsonman

Well, fishing was awesome there today in the public section. I guess it has been getting heavily stocked in the past 3 months since I've been there. Tons of fish. I lost count with how many I caught. Me and the brother in law only took out 11(the bigger ones). They were taking copper johns, wolly buggers, and some dries like adams and mosquitos. Anyway, I found this one fish while looking around rocks. I think it might be a sculpin or something.
PICT0230.jpg

Other than that, it was an awesome day. Caught a bluegill out of there, and some dude fishing with crickets caught 2 small bass. I thought that was weird because I've never seen those in there.

PICT0226.jpg

Tentwing

That is a Sculpin. If you ever make it out to the tailwaters in the Ozarks you'll find them everywhere, and the big Browns out there love them:D

Tentwing

TurkeyH90

Soque

Agree that its a Sculpin. Dont be surprised what you find over there. Had a bait fisherman tell me once they had been catching catfish the week before.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Sculpin. Next trip take some Muddlers with you.:cool:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Big browns love those things. I cut open a 24" brown once that had about half a dozen sculpins in its stomach.