Please help with WASPS!

a-mc

This year for some odd reason one of our barns has become infested with wasps. Every year we have wasps at most of barns but usually a few cans of wasp spray and knocking the nests down will take care of most of them, atleast get them to where it is not an issue. However, this year for whatever reason at one particular place we can not get rid of them, we have killed all the nests knocked them down and yet they continue to build back so we repeat the process. Well last weekend i was working up there and continually got stung, i don't even see any nests yet they are still everywhere. I see guinea's, red's, lots of bumble bee's and some type of wasp i have never noticed it looks just like a large red wasp except it has a wide yellow band across it. If anyone has any idea on how to get rid od this problem help would be more than appreciated. Our family house is very close and we often have gatherings there and it is making it misreable with the kids and everyone getting stung all the time. Maybe some type of fogger or something??? Please help if you can.

Thank You,
Alex

kgo

get a big back pac sprayer and some sort of wetable powder like seven dust or tempo sc I like the tempo and mix it strong then soak everything wet the whole barn in side then get a hose end sprayer and do the whole outside ,wont have to do it but once.K

GoldDot40

I'm thinking they have more nests in there than you're seeing. If you can find someone who will sell you some, look for a product called 'Wasp Freeze'. It's the baddest stuff I've ever seen.

You can spray them from over 12 ft away.....and they immediately fall to the ground and die within seconds. You cannot buy it in a store that I'm aware of. I got my last can from a professional pest control man and paid $20 for it.

If you'll wait till early in the morning hours right as the sun is coming up, you should find them all still on the nest and lethargic from the cool air. Spray and eliminate as many nests as you can see. Look behind and between roof over-hangs, trusses, and joints.....pretty much anywhere you haven't looked yet.

fishinbub

We are EAT UP in them too. I've sprayed a ton of nest this year, and we still have some. Nobody has gotten stung yet (other than when I found a yeller jacket nest the hard way). Maybe the wet weather we had this spring is why we have so many? I've noticed this year it's mostly guinea wasps, where usually it's mostly red wasps.

dslary

Just a bit of info on wasps. They are very territorial so don't knock down the old nest. Wasps looking to build a nest will avoid the area where an old nest exists.