Got drawn for SC gator hunt!!!!

builderrwc

Well after 3 yrs of trying I got drawn for the alligator lottery. Now I can't wait for Sept., hope I can find a good one! I will be hunting in the Pee Dee unit which is north and east.

markland

Yep got my successful draw card yesterday as well, just hope my other buddies drew also so we can team up.

Ihunt

Me too along with a few friends.With the price increase this will be the last year though. It will cost $240.00 just to sit in the boat and watch/help.

markland

Yeah looking to be about $400 for all the stuff you need, definitely alot more expensive then some others, but cheaper then some, so I guess you just have to balance it all out!

JWT

I got drawed to I'm not giving my money!we spent a lot of money over there last yr! 200 $ for somebody in boat ! My tag is wasted! But I got 4 priorites in here!

gatorstick

Yes, both SC & GA raised their costs for non-res up enough to kill a good number of traveling hunters. Some of the thanks can go to Fl-G & F as Fl's non res price ($1,020.00 for two gator tags) was quoted as a comparison.

SC is still the destination for monster gators. Plenty of them! In Ga, there are some good ones that are not too hard to harvest if you work at it. Also, MS, AL, AR don't allow non-res to receive a permit at any price and both SC & Ga have very liberal rules of harvest & season.

Prior to the price increases, they were both BARGAINS for the traveling hunter. Now they are merely modest deals.

If you need any gator hunting equipment or information, visit GatorGuides.com.

Good luck.

Ihunt

It wouldn't be as bad if SC allowed you to put in as a group.That way you could all draw at the same time and spend $340.00 for your tag and help the others.The problem for me is if just one of us had drawn the others would have to pony up just to help.Georgia may charge the same but in Ga. you can put in as a group.

gatorstick

Often the gov decision makers don't understand the wants/needs of those they govern. If more folks communicated the desire to have the CHOISE of a "group drawing" and the idea took hold with many sportsmen, you might well see it.

With the fine economy handed to us, budgets are tight for citizens & governments. If this idea might help both, then now is a good time to ask for it. Squeaky wheel............Just don't forget it takes a few years for an idea or request to become a result when dealing with bureaucratics.

Still the cheapest

Yes, both SC & GA raised their costs for non-res up enough to kill a good number of traveling hunters. Some of the thanks can go to Fl-G & F as Fl's non res price ($1,020.00 for two gator tags) was quoted as a comparison.

SC is still the destination for monster gators. Plenty of them! In Ga, there are some good ones that are not too hard to harvest if you work at it. Also, MS, AL, AR don't allow non-res to receive a permit at any price and both SC & Ga have very liberal rules of harvest & season.

Prior to the price increases, they were both BARGAINS for the traveling hunter. Now they are merely modest deals.

If you need any gator hunting equipment or information, visit GatorGuides.com.

Good luck.

Still the cheapest gator hunt around. In Ga. SC. :D

gatorstick

Yes they are, even with the increases and they have the most hunter friendly rules too.

Unfortunately, Florida has not dropped their ridiculous out of state fees ($1020.00 for two tags) and that price was used as a comparison to justify the increase.

With a little more effort I think we can get the price dropped to may the $375-500 range.

Dep6

I hope they do.

Not to short Gatorstick there but I carry his equipment so you contact me as well if needed.