Yellow Jackets Question

Todd E

Long story short...........

My ground blind was hanging in its bag up under my shelter. Today, I discovered it was slap full of a yj nest. I got it to the ground and poured gas on the bag to kill the gazillion yjs that were in it. It has been 7 hrs since the incident. I have approx 50 yjs flying around anything and everything up under my shelter.

Will they not be back after dark or are they gonna try to build another nest in something under the shelter? There really is no way to get them, as they are buzzing around everywhere.

StriperAddict

If you have that much activity, I'd say they are coming from another ground source. Try and find those locations but gas them when they are all there in the dark/evening.

Greene728

Long story short...........

My ground blind was hanging in its bag up under my shelter. Today, I discovered it was slap full of a yj nest. I got it to the ground and poured gas on the bag to kill the gazillion yjs that were in it. It has been 7 hrs since the incident. I have approx 50 yjs flying around anything and everything up under my shelter.

Will they not be back after dark or are they gonna try to build another nest in something under the shelter? There really is no way to get them, as they are buzzing around everywhere.

Todd,
Should have waited until dark cause what you have is all the workers basically that were out and about doing their thing when you gassed the nest and they have returned with no where to go. If you wait until dark you usually get them all cause their in the nest. It is a good chance they will rebuild somewhere near there also. Had the same thing happen before. I always try and attack after dark now to get all or as many as possible since then also. Maybe you will get lucky and they will move on but I dont know. Get some jet spray or a good fogger and try to get the survivors before they rebuild would be my suggestion. Good luck!