Injured Fawn

jo_dawg69

hey guys, i'm new to this section of the forum. Anyway, my friend and I were out fishing up in Cartecay/East Ellijay area yesterday, and while drivin back out from the river we came across a little fawn standing in the road. when it turned to start walking into the woods, i noticed that its back right hoof was almost completely cut off. the strange thing was that it didnt look broken, but like it had been sliced off by something. almost as if it had been held down and someone took a meat cleaver to it and hacked clean through it. we were about 5 feet from it so we got a good close look at it, and it was just hanging on by a thread. just wondering if you guys might have any ideas as to what might have happened to it? we would have taken it to the shelter close by to have it fixed and re-released but it wouldn't let us get any closer before walking away.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
it will either live or die.

nature is cruel.

T

simpleman30

yep, probably a hay sickle. i used to work in texas every summer in high school and college for my mom's cousin cuttin hay. every year he injures or kills a few fawns that lay completely hidden in really thick hay. just part of it.