Don't know what I have..

brobi9

Hey everyone. I was given an orvis battenkill large arbor 7/8 reel and a 9 ft orvis silver label tl 9.5 flex 10 wt. rod. Im not a fly fisherman nor have much drive to become one. No offense anyone. I tend to stay in the woods and the bass boat here in south georgia. What im trying to find out is what kind of quality is this setup and how much is it worth? i looked around and couldnt find quite what i was looking for. I was hoping you guys could help me out.

Thanks for everything

ASH556

I've been looking at this stuff a lot as I'm getting into fly fishing myself. What you have is very antiquated and worth nothing. Please send it to me, and I'll dispose of it properly for you.:cheers:

Actually, the reel is probably $125 to $150 and the rod another $250-$300. This setup is geared for larger sized fish based upon the rod weight. Most folks go with a 5 or 6 wt as a middle of the road for bream/bass/trout.

Dean

over on North Georgia Trout Online - the setup is a little 'big' for trout fishing but is a nice setup for bigger bass, stripers, etc....

centerpin fan

You can check out the values at the Orvis website:

www.orvis.com

The Silver Label line is one of Orvis' cheaper rods (but still decent quality). The Battenkill reels are very popular.

BOSSOFTHEWOODS

Would make a great Saltwater outfit, PM me when you think ya wanta sell:bounce: