New to Coon Hunting...need help

I need help!!! I'm getting my first Blue Tick Hound next week. All though I've hunted all my life, this will be my first coon hunting experience. Need help on the best way to start him out...and me too...:huh:

Jeremiah Glaze

dont get attached to him!!! A good un is hard to come by and you might go through a few dogs before you get a half way descent one, get with someone close to you that you can go hunting with, catch some cage coons and start turning them out in front of him, hunt him with and old dog etc, be best if you got with someone near you and got a good idea about things and they could also help ya

caglejfd

Banned
boots

get a new pair of boots a good light and hunt every night the dog will catch on thats what there bred to do dont get in a hurry and to start him catch a couple of coons in a trap and let him see them and get a taste of em then let the coon go and c what ya hound will do good luck o yea and never buy a dog without a trial good luck

Thanks for the info...I'm hoping that we will both learn as we go. Will keep yall posted. Any more help will be appreciated. Pics of new pup and his dad are coming.