trout fishing

Georgia Hard Hunter

look at rocker's map, upstream of Roswell Road is prime Trout water, from there to Buford Dam. No trout at I-20, in the winter trout can be found in the I-75 & I-285 area (catch & release during that time of the year check regs) but as the weather warms not many trout there. Fishing around the bridges is usually pretty good for stockers, for bigger fish get away from the bridges. Also some parts of the river are artifical lure only so once again check the regs before you fish.

bonedog

You'll have to get above Morgan Falls Dam on the 'Hooch to get trout. There are plenty in the upper tailwater. Check the aforementioned maps and there are some parks on the river, notably Jones Bridge (I think).
bd

bullsprig1100

I think he means HWY 20 and not I-20....Yes, tehre are trout at HWY 20. Go to Settles Bridge area just south off of Johnson rd. and you will find good trout fishing....Artificial only between HWY 20 amd Medlock Bridge.....Good luck

MadDawg51

Remember, there are no fish in the Chattahoochee River above Morgan Falls - especially not around Abbots Bridge or Medlock Bridge. There are only tubers. And, they have run all the fish out of the river. I know because I check it regularly.

No Fish In Chattahoochee.

bullsprig1100

Say what you will, but there is something about the daily bikini hatch in the summer months that keeps me coming back to the Hooch!!:rofl: