Game Warden Shot.....

CAL

Wondering if this has happened lately?Years ago our local Warden was on a stakeout trying to catch some night hunters.He was squatted down beside the front panel of his truck.I don't think he knew the reflector on this side panel would light up when shined with a light.Well it did and the hunters shot the light with a load of 00 buck.One buck shot hit the officer dead center his chest.He was able to call for help on his radio.He was transported to Columbus where he underwent emergency surgery.For days he fought for his life.He finally recovered and continued his job till he retired some years ago.

The hunters were caught and prosecuted for the shooting.I can't recollect what the final outcome was for the hunters.I do know they lost their vehicle,gun,and light.I just thought this was an interesting post.It kind of answers some questions why an officer might be a little abrupt at times!!As someone posted,they have to sum up a situation almost immediately.

Toliver

Since they're almost always dealing with armed subjects, I'm surprised more of them aren't shot.

gabowman

Yep, in today's world there is probably all kinds sitting those stands, up to and including the mentally insane druggies too. What's to keep one of them from just lowering the hammer vrs. going to court and maybe jail time (again) for another law violation of one kind or another? Makes ya wonder...

GB

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
A lot of people on this board would probably shoot them, judging from their hateful posts.

T

Hntr130

Yes it has happened!!!!!!!!

In 2000 or 2001 there was a ranger shot by a turkey hunter in south GA. He is now retired. The perrson that shot him got a slap on the hand.

He was shot at 27 steps while going to check a baited turkey blind.

Happy Huntin'

E

Etter1

Throwback,
There's a big difference between being ticked off that a ranger ruined your hunt for no reason and shooting a man to death.

Gone Fishin

Throwback said:
A lot of people on this board would probably shoot them, judging from their hateful posts.

T

I have only been posting for a short time but have lurked for quite a while, and I haven't been reading the same forum as you. When reading posts on a message board people have to remember not to put your "tone of voice" with the post. Many times people write something and it can be read in different "tones of voices" and come off with a completely different meaning. From your analysis of the people on this board you seem to always put a negative, angry tone with most people's posts that you read and you should not do this until you actually get to meet those people face to face or talk to them over the phone.

I am a regular on aldeer and in the beginning I though some of the people posting on there were Rearends, because I put a tone of voice with their posts. I have met a few of them, and have talked to many of them over yahoo chat. Having talked to them over the phone, internet, or face to face makes a huge difference to the way you read their posts.

(edited for typing around the censor)

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
There have been posts edited in the past for veiled threats and overt threats towards police officers on this board. One of which involved pulling a gun on an officer and demanding his I.D..

T

mpowell

Throwback said:

T

i'd disagree with the term "a lot". i doubt out of the entire membership of this forum 99.9% would seriously entertain the thought of shooting a LEO in a coldblooded manner.

Turk

Cal: There have only been two Ga. Rangers shot in the line of duty, the one you mentioned (my training officer btw) and the one recently shot by the turkey hunter. I've heard talk about another one shot while off-duty many years ago somewhere in south Ga.. In the past twenty so years I can only remember four other Ranger involved shootings...the Ranger prevailed in those. Other southeastern states have not been near as fortunate as Ga.. Most of them have lost several officers to shootings. Btw, if any of you remember Claude Dallas, the scumbucket that murdered the two Idaho Game Wardens in cold blood back in the '80s...he's going to be unconditionally released from prison after the first of the year!

Turk

huntfish

Turk said:
Cal: There have only been two Ga. Rangers shot in the line of duty, the one you mentioned (my training officer btw) and the one recently shot by the turkey hunter. I've heard talk about another one shot while off-duty many years ago somewhere in south Ga.. In the past twenty so years I can only remember four other Ranger involved shootings...the Ranger prevailed in those. Other southeastern states have not been near as fortunate as Ga.. Most of them have lost several officers to shootings. Btw, if any of you remember Claude Dallas, the scumbucket that murdered the two Idaho Game Wardens in cold blood back in the '80s...he's going to be unconditionally released from prison after the first of the year!

Turk
For those who don't remember Claude Dallas, Here is a link http://www.fwoa.org/fwoaviews.html

mpowell

Turk said:
Btw, if any of you remember Claude Dallas, the scumbucket that murdered the two Idaho Game Wardens in cold blood back in the '80s...he's going to be unconditionally released from prison after the first of the year!

maybe idaho will have open season on dallas once he's released!