Fly Fishing for Redfish

Capt. TJ Cheek

My dad posted this in the coastal fishing section but thought I would share it with the die hards.

I'm probably the worst fly fisherman in the world... no grace at all, but I LOVE it.

Hope y'all enjoy.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V6r6FKX-v4g?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V6r6FKX-v4g?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

MadDawg51

If that won't make you want to fish, nothing will. Nice video and nice fish. Thanks for sharing.

KINGFISHER

Like I said in the Coastal section, it's great to see some saltwater fly action on the forum. Great video! We've had some really good tides lately. No kidding, I stepped off onto this one flat near SSI, and their were 6 or 7 reds tailing in all directions! The biggest decision was which red to go after:) TJ I'm really surprised that more people don't target reds on the fly in our area. We have a truly unique coastal habitat with grass flats that seem like God designed them for tossing flies at redfish!

Capt. TJ Cheek

I agree with you brother. It's one of the most exciting things I've ever done. On one hand I'm glad that they aren't pressured, but on the other, I wish more people appreciated the challenge.

Anybody can drop a chunk of bait down and catch fish, but to make a good cast, with the right fly, at the right time, is a true challenge. Not that I don't like hammering fish on live bait, but the gratification of catching one on a fly is in a different universe altogether.

And if you look at the video, on the first couple of fish there are other fish tailing in the background. Can't wait to get on em again.

Sargent

I did this in Florida a couple of years back. One of the most exciting fishing experiences I've ever had.

DFB

I really do wish that Atlanta was closer to the coast, that video just makes me want to go there to fish.

Flood Tide Red Fishing

I too love chasing tailers on the flats. Here are a few pics from the last set of flood tides a week or so ago. The fish are fattening up for the winter.

Attachments

• Kevin's grass red 1, Oct, 2010.JPG
    Kevin's grass red 1, Oct, 2010.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 388
  • Christian's Bass in the Grass, 10-9-10, compressed.jpg
    Christian's Bass in the Grass, 10-9-10, compressed.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 348
  • Kevin's Grass Red 2, Oct, 2010.JPG
    Kevin's Grass Red 2, Oct, 2010.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 351
  • Kevin's red tail, Oct, 2010.JPG
    Kevin's red tail, Oct, 2010.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 385

Capt. TJ Cheek

That is some good stuff Dave! I wish I could have made it out there but I was stuck on the tractor all weekend for the flood. Some great tides though.