To all of Vernon's Friends here on Woody’s…

Vernon Holt...

Let me start with saying that Dad is OK…

I wanted to get that out before I continue to type…

Now for the details… Last Thursday afternoon, as Dad was climbing into one of His ladder stands, He got apparently passed out and fell to the ground… that was sometime just before 3:30…

I went after Him when He didn’t arrive back at camp at a time when He had sufficient time to do so…

I got to Him some 4 hours after he had fallen… He informed me of what had happened and what he needed… I knew the same and started the ball rolling…

Within another 25 minutes or so, Our Friend Mitchell Smith had directed two EMS crews and other concerned neighbors and club members to the site… It was a production that in my opinion could not have been better performed…

Today He is in the hospital and is in very good shape for the shape He’s in, as the old saying goes…

He has some broken bones, is very sore, and is extremely lucky…

I have been with Him and Mother until this trip home to take care of some business and will be back with Them but should be online some of the evenings at a hotel and will report along and along…

Now here’s my request… Please add His name to the others on Your Prayer list…

More than one Miracle has already been granted… and We thank God, the One responsible for all Miracles…

Dad is 77 and took a very hard fall… He will be recovering for a while and will be back here soon enough to thank all of You for Your thoughts and Prayers…

Richard Holt aka 308

Ellijay, Georgia

p.s. I recovered His Woody’s cap and it’s hanging below the tv in His room… It made Him smile…

Again special thanks to Mitchell Smith, His Dad Matt Nowery and all the EMS and hospital staff that have worked with Dad…

Then there are those that I don’t know the names of… one of which had no personal interest, but was there in the water and briars as if it was His Dad… In a world when most only react if they have to… there was this One that came to help a stranger and didn’t turn back even though the EMS squads and other officials were on hand… He and Mitchell helped me beat a path through one of the finest briar patches that Wheeler county has to offer! Where a wren would have a tough time flying, we beat a wide path so that Dad could be carried to the road quickly…

I very humbly Thank You…

Last edited:

an update...

This afternoon Dad took a walk down the hall for about 150 feet... and back with little assistance... there were Physical Therapy ladies on both sides but one only held His hand...

(Maybe that's what I need to do to get a girl to pay me some attention...) (just a thought...)

Woodsong

Vernon-
You ARE in our prayers. I have seen a lot of fellows do a lot of funny things to get pretty young girls to hold their hands but this is a bit much! :)

God is faithful and praise God you recovering.

Duff

Thanks for letting us know. Praying for a speedy recovery. Get well soon

CAL

Mr.Holt,
I am very sorry to hear you had a fall.I hope your stay at the hospital is a short one and you recover quickly.Keep your eyes on where you are going and off the nurses!That hospital floor is much harder than the brier patch.Just joshing,hurry back to Woodys,we all miss you!!

Georgiaastro

Our prayers are with Vernon and pray for a speedy recovery.

Larry

fredw

Retired Moderator
Mr. Vernon

Prayers sent.

Many thanks to the fine folks who where there to help also.

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Mr. Vernon, my prayers are with you along with the others. You always have something to teach us, so I'm looking for the many lessons you'll use this unfortunate situation to help us Woodyites become more knowledgable... We've already learned how to get two pretty girls to walk with us -- Waiting for more :) -- And, to hear of your continued recovery so you can get back on the horse (er, up in that ladder stand) soon...

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Vernon, You know that we are all pulling for you. May God bless you with a speedy and FULL recovery. We need you here....I mean who else could run the Outdoor Fact and Fiction and actually know what the heck they were talking about?

Be strong.

Jim

Woody's Janitor

Prayers are Sent

Have a speedy recovery Mr. Holt!

Jeff Phillips

Mr. Vernon - My family and I are praying for a full and complete recovery ::;

Hope you get to go home soon so you can get back on Woody's. Be careful and don't push TOO hard ;)

Al33

Mr. Vernon,

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and look forward to seeing you back here at the campfire. So very thankful you are able to be up and about so soon after the fall.

God bless and keep you,

Al

PS: Thanks 308 for keeping us informed. Which hospital is your dad in?

ramblinrack

very sorry to hear of your accident mr vernon. as you well know, i consider you a great friend and a person whom i have sought wisdom and advice from on many occaisons. i will be praying for a complete recovery for you sir! thanks for keepin us informed 308, and if you could let us know where to send a get well card...it would be much appreciated!

Prayer sent Mr. Holt! I wish you a full and speedy recovery!

Adam

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Vernon, Richard and family.

I too will pray for a good recovery and continued blessings on your family. I am glad to hear of the progress so far.

Richard please post futher reports when you have time.

MM

Kdog

Mr Holt, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We hope that you have a full and speedy recovery. ::;

And remember, There are easier, and less painful, ways to get a few cute girls by your side. ::ke: ::ke:

Kdog

Meriwether Mike

I will be praying for you to be quickly on the mend Mr. Holt. Thank God for all who helped you to get out and to a hospital.

TurkeyCreek

Mr. Vernon,

Very sorry to hear about your accident, but glad to hear that you are on your way to recovery. Sounds like you have (and have had) some good people taking care of you.
We will be praying for your full recovery and awaiting your story of the incident in your unique style. You have alot of friends here on this board and hold the respect of us all.

God Bless you sir ::;