Anyone Gator hunt by themselves?

seaweaver

$200 for my outa state pal to ride, take pics on top of his outa state hunt fee $20.
$50 for my ten year old to go.
A camera guy doesn't have to buy a big game tag to video a
hunt.
Swamp people get it done by themselves, guess I can too.

I wonder how often high fees lead to safety shortcuts, outright violations.

Technically the hunt is over once the gator is dead in my book, but even if I get to that point it's a fee for someone in my boat to help pull the thing from the drink.

flippin irritating.
I think a second boat might be in order.

anyone else thinking of going it alone?
done it?
cw

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
If I was to ever go to the trouble of puttin` in, and gettin` drawn, I would go alone.

seaweaver

yea...but that's not fun to sit around the fire when I'm an old coot and recount w/ friends.
I suppose that's what make it worth it.
cw

gatorstick

It's the cost of conservation/hunting. Write DNR a letter as if they are filming/watching they aren't hunting. Need to hear from a pile of folks & maybe they will "reinterpret" the rule.
The hunt is over when the gator is dead & tagged.
No complaints, no problem.......

seaweaver

I'm gonna. If I do end up by myself I'll leave the camera on the clamp stand running and give my lecture to the brass at the same time.
cw

HOGDOG76

NOT A PROBLEM WITH A SMALLER GATOR BUT NOT A GOOD IDEA WITH A REALLY BIG ONE.NOT SAYING IT CANT BE DONE JUST ALOT THAT CAN GO WRONG AND COST YOU YOUR LIFE IMO:huh:

dtala

what HOGDOG76 said....

ya'll DIYers ain't never had a hold of a big gator, they are way more than two handfulls.....

troy