Spurrior at s/c

bilgerat

Senior
ha , good one Jeff ::ke: !!! but seriously has'nt Lou Holtz mentioned retiring after this season?

Jody Hawk

Seriously, I don't expect Spurrier to dominate the SEC like he did at Florida. South Carolina isn't loaded with high school talent like the state of Florida is.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Spurrier will raid the Southeast.

I'd say that atleast 50% of the verbals in the Southeast as of now are void.

clarkesville snit

Holtz told his team Thursday this would be his last game, so the Evil Genius will soon be reporting to Columbia. However don't you Gamecocks go looking for a championship any time soon. The state of SC just does not have the wealth of talent that Ga & FL have. And Holtz was no slouch ( Nat Champ at ND plus winners at NC State, Ark & Minn) and he couldn't pull it off. But it will be great seeing him slamming that visor into the turf again.

Timberman

I'm deep in enemy territory over here, and the Gamecocks are walking around two foot in the air. I would figure you could hear the crowing all the way over to Athens.

Spurrier should be able to turn the heads of more recruits than any predecesser but the college life of USC in Columbia is nowhere near that of UF in Gainesville. That means a lot to them stud athletes. There must be hotties, and lots of them. :D

reylamb

Don't fool youselves guys, the state of SC is loaded with talent, maybe not the level of FL, but equal to that of GA. The problem in SC always has been keeping the recruits at home and not going to Penn State, FL, GA or wherever. For whtever reason, Penn State has done very well in SC, as has Tech, does the name Joe Hamilton ring any bells?

Keep in mind that there is more talent in FL than the 3 FL schools can keep, so they gotta go somewhere.

Finally, the college life at USC ain't all that bad. Heck, it is quite the party school. Factor in the all girls school just on the other side of Columbia and it is loaded with coeds, and great looking ones at that.

The ole ball coach will help USC, but enough to compete every year with Tenn, Fl, and GA????? Who knows, but maybe they will be more competitive. As a Clemson fan I hate this.

H

HT2

This would have been a "NO-BRAINER"!!!!!!!!!

Spurrier goin' to South Carolina is a smart move for him......

First of all......

He don't need the money, but you know they are gonna pay him the "BIG BUCKS"!!!!!!!!!!

Second of all......

Hootie Johnson (The Big Cheese at Augusta National) said the if Spurrier would come to South Carolina He (Hootie) would allow him to become a "MEMBER" at Augusta National......

HMMM????

Let's see........

HECK YEAH I'LL GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Membership itself would be worth it all!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll give South Carolina 3 years and they'll content in the "S.E.C."......

BTW.....

I can't stand Spurrier......

But, I never said he wasn't a good Coach, or he was stupid..... :bounce: