Someone here within budha nature?

gordon 2

Someone here within budda nature?

Someone here within budda nature?

Last edited:

TTom

I have some Buddhist education but not alot. But I do have a dozen or so Buddhist friends I can ask questions.

Ask and I'll see if I can help.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I don't understand the original question...

gordon 2

I have some Buddhist education but not alot. But I do have a dozen or so Buddhist friends I can ask questions.

Ask and I'll see if I can help.

Ask them if as the Kingdom of God which is said in christians, "as in the Kingdom of God is in you" is close or similar to the buddist reality of "the Budda is in you" plus or minus a few thoughts?

Also, if you find they are receptive ask them what the Buddist know about Jesus? And, what is their perception from a buddist perspective of Jesus?

Tell them that I ask these questions now, but latter if they wish I'd like to know something about how or why does suffering prevent some individuals from knowing Jesus.

Thanks bros.

earl

Banned
You can rub my belly anytime ,friend .

TTom

As to the "Kingdom of God is in you" vs "the Buddha is in you" concept, I can speak a little to that.

Buddha is not a God, the Buddha was a man who developed a philosophy and a religion but Buddha is not God. Nor is Buddha non God. Buddhist do have a thought that every spark of life is holy and a part of the universal consciousness (about as close to God as a Buddhist gets) Which I guess is very similar to the idea that man's soul is a piece of God loaned to him when he was "created in the image of God".

Question #2

Most of the Buddhist I know are former Christians who left the Christian Churches in their teens and gravitated in their 30's or later to Buddhism. Most of them think Jesus was a great man who achieved a level of enlightenment that few Buddhists have ever done. I've actually heard one say

"Jesus was a better Buddhist than I could ever be"

Those things said I will ask my Buddhists friends these questions as I cross their paths. To get a less clouded perspective of their view.

Thor827

There is a theory that Jesus spent time in a Buddhist monastary in India during the years before he began his ministry. There are supposedly records of a monk named Isa who lived there in a time period that would line up correctly. There was a special on either History or Discovery about this a few years back.

gordon 2

Just to add an aside to this tread,I know of at least one RC nun that was a practicing Zen Buddhist. She did not seem less a christian for it and the fact she was buddhist and christian was approved by the church authority as far as I know.

TTom

Well because Buddhism can be practiced as either a philosophy or a religion.

The story of the Buddha is pretty darned inspiring.
Royal Prince who snuck out of the palace and saw suffering and death in the world and chose to not become King and instead worked in religious ways to end that suffering.

(terribly shortened in my own little amateur way here)

Lowjack

There is a theory that Jesus spent time in a Buddhist monastary in India during the years before he began his ministry. There are supposedly records of a monk named Isa who lived there in a time period that would line up correctly. There was a special on either History or Discovery about this a few years back.

Glad you said "a Theory", because a Jew would not even enter the house of a gentile in those days, much less any kind of religious institution other than a Jewish Temple or synagogue, besides what would God in the flesh Learn from Budha ?
Jesus was teaching in the Jewish Temple at age 12.

gordon 2

Glad you said "a Theory", because a Jew would not even enter the house of a gentile in those days, much less any kind of religious institution other than a Jewish Temple or synagogue, besides what would God in the flesh Learn from Budha ?

Then perhaps He was a teacher.:D

Thor827

Perhaps he was a little bit more open minded than some of his followers.............