Humility Scripture

Lowjack

"All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because: God opposes the PROUD but gives grace to the humble. Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you in due time. " 1Peter 5:5-6
Humility is a much misunderstood virtue. Many people think it is an unreasoning sense of inferiority, or a lack of self-appreciation. In reality, humility is far from this.

What do you consider Humility ?

apoint

Humbleness, It is the key to answered prayer. God hates pride and a proud look. It helps you hold your toung as in, James, quick to listen, slow to speak ,slow to anger. God be the Glory.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
In very few words, I think humility speaks of two things.

1. Accepting what and who I am in comparison to God.
2. Placing others before myself. Having a gentle nature. Helping others.
It's allowing the power that's within me thru Christ, to become a servant.

Israel

BANNED
Humility is accepting death, in obedience to God, from the very creatures you formed from dust.

christianhunter

I once heard a Pastor Preaching on Humility.He said,"If you pray for humility,be prepared,you will never be the same."

Humility to me is full trust and obedience to THE LORD.The complete denial of self.To be humble and a servant in all things.The thing is how few,really give this much of ourselves to THE LORD?

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Another Humility Verse

1 Thus says the LORD:

Isaiah 66:2
1 Thus says the LORD:
“ Heaven is My throne,
And earth is My footstool.
Where is the house that you will build Me?
And where is the place of My rest?
2 For all those things My hand has made,
And all those things exist,”
Says the LORD.

“ But on this one will I look:
On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit,
And who trembles at My word.

THREEJAYS

Humility to me is realizing my place in the grand sceme of things,knowing what an awesome God we serve and accepting his will for my life.Can't leave out the need to truely care about our fellow man.