Estes, CO elk

lginga

The Bulldogs were disappointing in Boulder but the elk migration @ Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park was awesome. Lots of animals with the bulls rutting, fighting and bugling just off downtown. This pic was behind the local high school on Thurs. PM. Notice the females at the top are on the football practice field and 2 bulls are fighting between the field and the lake. The bull on the right lost and waded back into the lake. On Fri. AM a herd was north across Highway 36 and had taken over the golf course. Obviously this is a no-hunting area. Lots of animals in the park valleys with bugling everywhere.

Attachments

• DSCN1001 (1).JPG
    DSCN1001 (1).JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 475

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Push 'em north about 50 miles. I'll be waiting for them Monday.

lginga

The trip was the kind of thing where you don't know what to expect. I would have been satisfied just to have seen a female off in the distance. My main thing was to see the RMNP. But to see and hear it all was outstanding. Also, I had never seen a live mule deer and they were everywhere.

gurn

Gone but not forgotten
Nice, thanks for the pic.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I spend a bit of time out there working. I'm always amazed at all the wildlife that you see driving down the highway. I've seen antelope, muleys, elk, mountain goats, moose. I've had to sit in a traffic jam in downtown Estes Park while the herd of elk made its way across main street and down to to golf course to feed. I love it out there. If I didn't live in GA, I'd live in CO or WY.

Latest posts