Question regarding dnr officers

cactusjack

Is there any law or requirement to announce your whereabouts in the woods when you see game wardens on your property while hunting?

cactusjack

Well they never saw me in the first place, so hiding is not an issue. Just wondering for safety reasons etc.....

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I wouldnt think you were any more obligated to the officer than he is to you

Jester896

Senior Clown
no...but if you do you may be able to get him to leave so you can get back at the task at hand sooner..and not run everything your hunting to the next property:huh:...after all you weren't doing anything wrong..right

cactusjack

Thanks for the info, and no I wasnt doing anything illegal. I just happened to see a game warden near where I was hunting and he never saw me. Highly doubt this will ever happen again.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
You could've scared the crap out of him like the guy that shot the bear decoy. Still my all time favorite thread:rofl::rofl:

the r.o.c.

gw are STATE they can go anywhere and cite you anywhere. not just in their area. my best friend is a retired gw, i have learned a lot since we became friends. they dont look for good guys, only bad ones.

Coastie

Is there any law or requirement to announce your whereabouts in the woods when you see game wardens on your property while hunting?

Only the law of common sense, if you see the Ranger, let them know where you are, get it over with and get back to hunting otherwise they will stay until they are satisfied that there are no violations taking place. And yes they do have the right to be there in the performance of their duty.