Praying for our Church rights

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Last Sunday I heard a Christian make the comment that

"we send our military into harms way to fight so that we can protect our freedom to worship the way we want to".

Do we do that?
Are we asking the military to protect our right to assembly and worship in total safety?

Surely we're not.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Very interesting. No one wants to go first.

That's okay, I do that myself for some subjects.

tomtlb66

I believe we ask that of our troops, but now its in a politically correct manner. I also believe at one time our brave men and women fought for this and everything as far as freedom goes.

One thing this country does not do worth a darn in my opinion, next to worshipping God, is supporting our men and women who are serving and who have served.But yes, I believe they fight for our freedom to worship.

Jeff57

Agreed. They fight for all our freedoms including the freedom of religion. Freedom and liberty were my reasons for serving.

Lowjack

I don't see how me serving 18 months in Vietnam protected Americans from losing their right to worship freely ?????
The Vietnamese never Came and attacked America.
Now when the Arabs attacked in 1967 I fought tooth and nail to protect the freedom of Israel and the right to worship of all religions there.
I can see if say China came to attack America then we fight them in order to protect all our freedoms.

Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

I see it as we ask our military to defend our way of life, which includes our freedom of assembly and worship, but also includes many other things. Some of these things like freedom from oppression, terrrorism, etc. are valued. But there is an awful lot of junk in our society that we also defend in our way of life that I care not to defend. Unfortunately, the good and the bad cannot be separated in this instance.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
In Vietnam, I served the freedom of the world through this countries effort to save the oppressed of S. Viet. and stop the spread of communisim.

In Iraq, American servicemen/women answered the call of their commander in chief to go into battle. It was in response to 911 and the fear of WMD. I suspect those brave folks would be upset to hear that they risked their lives to protect your religion.

I never want an American, male or female, to give their life so that I can comfortably worship God. I don't want your son's and your daughters to die for my "right" to serve God.
I don't think anyone can stop me from serving God.

That's just me though.
And my thoughts don't have to be yours.