What is so offensive here?

christianhunter

I have had PM's telling me to get away from here,it is bad.I have read posts from Mods and Admin,about the rantings on here.The occasional passer by will drop a comment,as to why they will not post.I originally came here for fellowship.Many have left,or are planning to leave.I would like to ask,as I saw where another Brother posted on another Thread,about our witness.I would like to ask,if I have been a stumbling block to anyone sincerely looking for answers.If I have,before THE LORD HIMSELF,I'm sorry.Is this forum really that bad?

Last edited:

apoint

No you have done well and this forum is just fine, but may not suit the ways of the worldly. I see some on here that want to have one foot in heaven and one foot in the world. I dont condem them but I will state my opinion just like they state theirs. Satan does all he can to drive a wedge and water down religion. Just like a church, good and bad come and go, but the Lords word will go on with or without them.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
The greatest offense to be found here is the occasional Christian who has a 'holier than thou' attitude.

And, I guess we all probably 'go over the top' at one time or another. That's life though isn't it.
But I got a lot of friends here that I love. I include both of you.

christianhunter

"Holier than thou",good one Ronnie.There's one reason."Going over the top"-I'm guessing the I'm right your wrong stance,there's two reasons.

ted_BSR

CH- you are good, some folks just can't handle the fact that others have a different opinion/belief. They get mad as they try to disprove it for justification of their own opinions and beliefs.

olchevy

I was talking to one of my best friends yesterday and something she said just trough me for a loop. She said and I quote.
"I believe in God, but I don't care what the Bible says cause it was written by men and probably has a ton of errors. So I just take out what I like, and forget what I don't"
You have no Idea how sad that made me.
But the truth is there is a Lot of people that think that way, and a LOT of "Christians" that only want to hear the stuff that makes them happy, say anything else and they don't like you.

CH- You have done nothing wrong that I have seen, just sometimes people aren't going to like the truth. Like my friend they take what they like and ignore or fuss about what they don't.

Israel

BANNED
You won't hear Jesus tell you the sweet stuff unless you are also willing to let him tell you the hard stuff.
And he knows how to get your attention.

Jeffriesw

You won't hear Jesus tell you the sweet stuff unless you are also willing to let him tell you the hard stuff.
And he knows how to get your attention.

Amen Brother
What He had to say was designed for one purpose, to separate us from ourselves and attach us to Him.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
"Holier than thou",good one Ronnie.There's one reason."Going over the top"-I'm guessing the I'm right your wrong stance,there's two reasons.

I pray you didn't think I was pointing those comments to you.
Nothing is further from the truth.
Although, you don't always agree with me!!!!!!!!!
What's with that. :yeah:

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
CH- you are good, some folks just can't handle the fact that others have a different opinion/belief. They get mad as they try to disprove it for justification of their own opinions and beliefs.

We have, at times, argued over subjects that the Bible didn't even address.
But, hey, we're men.

Jeffriesw

A whole lot of people like to point out our failings and when we argue and our speech resembles this:

1 Corinthians 1
12What I mean is that each one of you says, “I follow Paul,” or “I follow Apollos,” or “I follow Cephas,” or “I follow Christ.”

But they fail to reconize that vast majority of the time our speech resembles this:

2 Corinthians
13Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.a 6If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. 7Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort.

centerpin fan

"I believe in God, but I don't care what the Bible says cause it was written by men and probably has a ton of errors. So I just take out what I like, and forget what I don't"
You have no Idea how sad that made me.
But the truth is there is a Lot of people that think that way, and a LOT of "Christians" that only want to hear the stuff that makes them happy ...

Very sad but very true.

christianhunter

I pray you didn't think I was pointing those comments to you.
Nothing is further from the truth.
Although, you don't always agree with me!!!!!!!!!
What's with that. :yeah:

I sure didn't Brother,I was in full agreement with you.:fine:
I don't think the very, very, few things we don't agree on,will get either one of us in trouble.:flag:

Lowjack

The Word Sanctify simply means " Separated" and that implies separation from the World and also separated from Wrong Doctrines and if it comes down to it separation from those who teach such things.
I personally will not stand for doctrines which are clearly twisted from the intent of the Word of God, like it or not there is sound doctrines and there is fables of demons taught as doctrine in today's Church.

jmharris23

The problem is not the disagreements or debates but the drama queens.

Yep..If the folks in here would act like grown people and speak to each other like you were sitting together at a table it would be helpful.

Always speak to someone like you're face to face and that would keep most people on here out of trouble and help the cause for all of us.

Inthegarge

Great point Mr. Harris...... it is too easy for some to hide behind a computer.....

apoint

Great point Mr. Harris...... it is too easy for some to hide behind a computer.....

Yes this is true but you have to take into consideration that people have unclean spirits and dont even know it. They dont realize their point of view is tainted by this spirit.
If it is not recognized they cant deal with it to change it.
An unclean spirit is also contagious to others.
Its also an abomination to the Holy spirit.
Luke 12: 51. Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, nay but rather division.

53. father against son,-- mother against daughter

This is the nature of the beast.