Sapelo Oct 2010

Swampy

Skunked on the Sapelo October hunt, but man there's a whole lotta worse places to kill some time.

Thanks to Damon, Shane, Ricky & Aaron for food, beverage & hospitality!

Here's to 2011 (I hope)....

packrat

????

How was those buzzards, I mean mosquito's this year?
The last Sapelo Oct hunt I attended, I had a group of rogue skeeters steal my thermo-cell:rofl:

Swampy

well, survived the mosquitos, gnats, and no see ums ... mostly ... though I wish I had brought the old thermocell. Heard some stories about big ol' buzzard sized mosquitos in (wet) years gone by...

The evenings were really quiet on this hunt, mornings were loud at least the first couple of days, but as one guy put it "this is the quietest I've heard an evening on Sapelo since I've been coming here"..... the morning hunts were by far more active / successful than the evening. All I know is they were lighting it up on both sides of me and I saw NOTHING ... which speaks more to my poor site choice than lack of game....maybe.

Wolverick

Skunked on the Sapelo October hunt, but man there's a whole lotta worse places to kill some time.

Thanks to Damon, Shane, Ricky & Aaron for food, beverage & hospitality!

Here's to 2011 (I hope)....

Hey man, glad you were able to hang out with us the last night at camp. We sure didn't want that meat and beer to have to be carried back onto the ferry that's for sure. Look forward to hanging out next sapelo hunt.