Anybody got any good areas for hogs near augusta?

wrestler

me and my grandfather are interested in going Hog hunting ANYWHERE around here. only thing is, we cant go until Feb. or March. anywhere Ya'll can think of would help loads. :D

:offtopic: anybody got some good places for squirrels? we can go anytime, thru the season on fridays or weekends.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Check around for your local WMA, there are several off the I-20 corridor.......I think FT Stewart is not too far from there either......THAT is where I would DEFINITELY go for Pigs! Hope you guys get out in the woods and have a good time!:cheers:

wrestler

we will man. my great grandparents live up near Savannah which is near Ft. Stewart (i think) so when we go there during Spring break, i will beg him to take me. (I'm too young to have a :cheers: by the way haha) this is the first time i'll be Hog hunting, so any tips?

wrestler

oh btw, my shotgun has a rifled barrel, should i put a scope on it?

childers

only put a scope on it if you are comfortable with it. its all about personal preference and where you hunt. maybe a red dot or free sights if you are hunting brush.

95g atl

I see TONS of hog signs in Warren County, about 40 mins WEST of Augusta on interstate 20, so they are there!
Unless you have a budget to join a hunting club, check out the WMA's around your area. Be mindful of the specific hunting season for hogs as well as the weapons you may use during those seasons. ;)

mike bell

We have a hunting cub and will be offering access to hogs after deer season. Its in Jefferson County about 15 miles from Wrens.

Last season We had permits and only had one group to come out before we were ready and we didnt see anything. Im thinking about taking over our hog issues and hope to be able to get the hogs coming in good. We have killed about five or six so far duing deer season. And Im going to have my trap finished before deer season is over.

Send me a PM. and I will keep you in mind when we get set up in January and get a schedule.:shoot:

wrestler

thanks mike.how far away is it from augusta? and is it west, or what dir.?