Fox squirrel mounting question

dwills

I killed a nice, black fox squirrel with my browning buckmark. The coloration of the black fur with the white nose and ears looks really unique, so I'm looking to get it mounted. Does anybody know any taxidermists in NE GA that do a good job on these without charging an arm and a leg? I just can't bring myself to pay the same for a squirrel as I would for a deer. Also, just how rare are these animals in this color phase?

PB230178.jpg

Michael

The money you spend on a good mount will be forgotten long before the agony of getting a poor mount done because you tried to save a nichol or two.

bhayz

I agree. That's a nice trophy. I've seen most prices for mounts at about $125-175 range. I got mine done years ago here in middle ga for that price. Good luck w/ the mount.

Attachments

• Mount 002.jpg
    Mount 002.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 8,111

merc123

If you want to come to Blue Ridge then a guy here did mine for $125 and even gave me the piece of wood it's mounted on.

nhancedsvt

Banned
Glenn Arp at Hoot-N-Hollar Taxidermy in Forsyth, GA will fix you up for a good price.

DMH

I use mcmicken tax in cartersville they do extremely good work and dont break the bank.

I killed a nice, black fox squirrel with my browning buckmark. The coloration of the black fur with the white nose and ears looks really unique, so I'm looking to get it mounted. Does anybody know any taxidermists in NE GA that do a good job on these without charging an arm and a leg? I just can't bring myself to pay the same for a squirrel as I would for a deer. Also, just how rare are these animals in this color phase?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_squirrel

cfbutler31

i got crane's taxidermy to do mine, they did a fine job, looks really good, think i paid $165, i shipped it to them, he shipped it back, i don't know what city he is in, but you can search here on the forum, i read i think jeff philips got one done by him, and i used that picture as a reference.

Sugar Plum

Nurse Shuga
You're looking at anywhere from $125-$170. I called a taxidermist here about a nice red fox squirrel and they wanted $150 for JUST the squirrel. Anything it was mounted on would cost extra

crackerdave

They sure make a beautiful mount,especially on a piece of driftwood,if you wanted to spend that extra.

Hope you don't mind me asking this on your thread,dwills.
I have a fox squirrel in my freezer that is the red color.If anyone would like to have it for a mount,they're welcome to it.Just send a pm.I don't have the $$$ to get it mounted myself !

coondog96

i got crane's taxidermy to do mine, they did a fine job, looks really good, think i paid $165, i shipped it to them, he shipped it back, i don't know what city he is in, but you can search here on the forum, i read i think jeff philips got one done by him, and i used that picture as a reference.

Cranes is in Acworth Ga. and he does great work on anything you want him to mount.the only guy that does my dads stuff.the deer in my avatar was done by Crane

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
We see black fox squirrels on our properties, in fact, we have all color phases. In the 1950's i killed a black one just like yours in the Florida Everglades big cypress country. Collier Co.