2 questions - Cajun Turkey?/ Grilled Turkey

I have two questions for you guys.

1. I'd love to "cajun" a turkey. Any tips on the best spices to use? Or how to go about it?

2. Have you ever grilled a whole turkey? I'm looking for tips on this as well.

rutandstrut

I am not sure what you mean by Cajun? If you are referring to injecting the Turkey with Cajun Spices I would recommend using one of the Cajun Injector Marinades (i.e. Turkey Supreme)!

I have plucked and smoked a whole Wild Turkey...It turned out really good bit was a little tricky due to a Wild Turkey being much leaner than a Domestic Turkey! I rubbed the outside of the Gobbler with a stick of softened Butter and rubbed the inside of the Gobbler with another stick of softened Butter...I seasoned the outside with Salt, Pepper, A little Garlic Powder and some Onion Powder...I mixed the same ingredients in a bowl and rubbed it on the inside with this mixture...I then put the Whole Turkey in a Water Smoker with Hickory and Mesquite Wood Chips that I soaked in Water...I smoked the Turkey for a total of 4 Hours and then enjoyed!

Bram

Just cut up my turkey breast from my bird...marinating and going to make jerky..:cheers:

Gerry

I am not sure what you mean by Cajun? If you are referring to injecting the Turkey with Cajun Spices I would recommend using one of the Cajun Injector Marinades (i.e. Turkey Supreme)!

I have plucked and smoked a whole Wild Turkey...It turned out really good bit was a little tricky due to a Wild Turkey being much leaner than a Domestic Turkey! I rubbed the outside of the Gobbler with a stick of softened Butter and rubbed the inside of the Gobbler with another stick of softened Butter...I seasoned the outside with Salt, Pepper, A little Garlic Powder and some Onion Powder...I mixed the same ingredients in a bowl and rubbed it on the inside with this mixture...I then put the Whole Turkey in a Water Smoker with Hickory and Mesquite Wood Chips that I soaked in Water...I smoked the Turkey for a total of 4 Hours and then enjoyed!

Yes I was talking about spicing the turkey with Cajun spices.

I'll have to put all the spices in a bowl like you mentioned, then dip the turkey right on in!

bird_dawg

I like to grill mine. I use white wine and little home made honey balsomic dressing & it does the trick.