November Strutter

boparks

My calender must be wrong?

This dude was wide open this morning. One of the 2 hens with him kept trying to run the geese away

I've been watching this bird since he was a jake. At one point there were 4 of em.

Attachments

• Copy of edited 2 cropped DSC_0641.jpg
    Copy of edited 2 cropped DSC_0641.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 252
  • Copy of eDSC_0605.jpg
    Copy of eDSC_0605.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 248
  • Copy of eDSC_0608.jpg
    Copy of eDSC_0608.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 247
  • Copy of eDSC_0611.jpg
    Copy of eDSC_0611.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 247
  • edited DSC_0636.jpg
    edited DSC_0636.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 255

sman

Awesome pictures! He has got some hooks.

Gut_Pile

Awesome pictures Mr. Bobby! That bird has some hooks!

Hunter247

That is Sweet!

hawglips

Banned
How old is that bad boy, Bobby? Them hooks are mighty long and sharp...

hoppie

I was looking at them hooks myself.

rutandstrut

It looks like he is trying to court the Geese! Awesome Hooks! If he was in Florida he would already be in the Freezer and headed to the Taxidermist!

boparks

How old is that bad boy, Bobby? Them hooks are mighty long and sharp...

Hal

He's going into his 3rd Spring so I was a little surprised at the spur length myself

Someone pointed ou to me that there's a deer in the far background to the right of the tree where the hen is on the stump

There were several around but I didn't know one was in the picture

hawglips

Banned
Hal

He's going into his 3rd Spring so I was a little surprised at the spur length myself

Wow. You must be feeding them Miracle Grow! Very nice!

hawglips

Banned
By the way Bobby, your pics are always among the best I ever see posted on here. Great job.

boparks

By the way Bobby, your pics are always among the best I ever see posted on here. Great job.

Thanks Hal, Rick, and everyone for the nice comments.

The truth is, it is much easier than I believe most realize to get good shots.

I spoke Sunday at the Georgia NWTF "Women in the Outdoors" event about this very subject.
It covered live shots, trophy photos, and scenic stuff

It boils down to investing in a good digital camera with a telephoto lens, Photoshop, shooting on "auto" in the "RAW" format and then doing the auto edits with Photoshop. (Photoshop is pretty easy to use)

You really don't have to know much at all to get em. If I can do it anyone can. Anyone on here could be getting the same shots in no time at all

KY Red

Gobbling in November!!

I was hanging off the side of a tree in Illinois all last week getting a sun tan in the 75+ degree heat. Every morning the turkeys were gobbling like spring. My partner saw a flock of several strutters with hens, like your pictures. I saw a bearded hen. Sometimes, it was so noisey in the woods it was annoying to be a deer hunter. :D