Hunting Regs question

takamineman

If there's not a Feral Hog section does that mean that hog hunting is NOT allowed? Or does it mean there's no special season for hogs? Also, if it's not during another type of season, what firearms are legal?

fishtail

You are asking too many non specific questions.
Basically, on WMA's, it's legal to take hogs during specific seasons with appropriate weapons. Small game dates; small game weapons, Turkey dates; Turkey weapons, big game dates; big game weapons.
On private land, hogs are considered property of the land owner, shoot them however/whenever you like. There was a 6 volt or less flashlight restriction.
Somebody please correct me if I've missed current changes.

garnede

There are also a few WMA's with hog hunting date restrictions.

fishtail

Most (if not all) of the WMA special hog hunts require use of big game weapons (excluding buckshot) and to wear orange also.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Most (if not all) of the WMA special hog hunts require use of big game weapons (excluding buckshot) and to wear orange also.

thought i read it today and it said "may use" big g weapons

95g atl

PRIVATE LAND: Any caliber, 365 days/nights year. Must have hunting license unless you own the land.

My 2 cents, if you are serious about hog hunting and have a hunting budget, find a club....there's too many restrictions, etc., with the gov't/state land IMO. Plus the fact if you actually get something, you cannot use an atv, jeep, etc to cart it out. I'm too old & fat for manual labor. :)