Fruitless at Ft. Stewart

Curtis

Took my 13-year old down to Ft. Stewart (Sunday - Tuesday) as a Christmas present. he has been wanting to go on a hog hunt for two years now and between my stories and the reports of others, he has been VERY eager to go on a hog hunt. Well, we had no luck whatsoever. Got down on Sunday and hunted during snowflurries and gusty. Freezing on Monday, also high wind at times. Yesterday was warmer and no wind but still nothing. We found a few areas with plentyof sign but never saw or heard a single pig. Only saw one doe. We walked quite a bit. The check station was empty on Sunday night and Tuesday. Monday night there was one medium size pig and one small doe, that was it. I guess with all of the pressure of deer season and the cold weather, everything has gone nocturnal. My son was glad to finally go on a hog hunt down there, though I could tell he was pretty disappointed not to even get a chance. May try again next week. Wish I had better news.
Curtis

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Hopefully you guys still had a good time TOGETHER!
Thats what its really about anyway.
I would call you guys hanging together BOUNTIFUL!:cheers:

Hopefully he will want to go again SOON! Even the guys with Dogs cant get one everytime!;)

Curtis

Thanks bfriendly. Yeah, we had a good time and, with 3 boys, it is always good to spend some extended one-on-one time with them. He has had good luck with deer and is a good hunter. He and his younger brother have been jonesing to hunt hogs. Between this message board, youtube, GON, and other sources they are really excited about the prospect of hunting hogs - just having a hard time getting them on some. Last year took the younger boy (12 yr old) to Ft. Stewart and he stepped in a yellow jacket nest! He was stung over 20 times. Will try Ft. Stewart again next week with the 12 year old. If no luck after that, think I will try one of the SWGA WMA's in the future.

reel2rifle

Time was well spent without killing a thing.

Head down there during the summer, sounds crazy but they are really predictable than and your done by 8:00.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I do not know where you hunt, PM and i will tell you several areas that worked good for me.

You are the man Base............I am thankful to God for this place we call Woodys, and the Good People on here. Wish I could hook him up, but glad someone else can!

Props to you Base!:clap:

Curtis

Going to go down on Thursday and hunt until Saturday morning, unless we get lucky early. Give me a call when you get down, would love to help you drag one out!
Curtis

Latest posts