May 21, 2011

Living Proof

Has anybody seen these billboards? Some church thinks thats when Jesus is coming back and then the world will end on Oct. 21, 2011. That is bold statements from a church! I had just gotten use to the fact that we are all going to die on Dec. 21, 2012 the end of the Mayan calender. Go figure.:crazy:

jmharris23

Yeah it's amazing that anyone who claims to be a part of the body of Christ can say with a straight face they know when He is coming again, when Christ Himself, who they claim to follow, said even He didn't know the hour of his return!

apoint

I know when. When Gabriel blows that trumpet.

centerpin fan

The 2011 dates come from Harold Camping. Previously, he predicted Jesus would return in 1994.

apoint

I have my heart set on Trumpets & Tabernacles . Hope its this year.

mtnwoman

Come quickly Lord Jesus!!

jason4445

Jesus stated exactly when he would return - he said to the people of his day that he would return before that generation passes. It did not happen. I however think that God much rather remain in heaven than come down here and see the mess his creation has made of things.

apoint

Jesus stated exactly when he would return - he said to the people of his day that he would return before that generation passes. It did not happen. I however think that God much rather remain in heaven than come down here and see the mess his creation has made of things.

Jason you got to be kidding?
God always keeps his word.... Please go back and read the book.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod

Jesus never once said that He would return before that generation passed. Someone mistaught that verse to you.

Jesus' kingdom would come before they died.
And it did... The church was established.

jason4445

Okay we will post these verses yet one more time.

Matthew 16:27-28

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Matthew 24:30-34

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Like I said Jesus told that the generation he was speaking to would not die before he returned to earth the 2nd time.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Okay we will post these verses yet one more time.

Matthew 16:27-28

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Matthew 24:30-34

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Like I said Jesus told that the generation he was speaking to would not die before he returned to earth the 2nd time.

You're gonna have to do some research and study on this one.
Jesus is speaking of several things here, but not of His second coming.

jason4445

We get back to the old what does it say - what does it mean? I can whip off a couple of dozen "what does it mean" but what does it say - it says Jesus told that he would return before the generation he was speaking to passes - that's what it says.

It also says man will be judged by his works, that along with the passage in James that says faith with out works is hallow just about sinks the once saved always saved.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod

"Coming in His kingdom"

Mark and Luke explained it this way: Mark 9:1, "Until they have seen the kingdom of God come with power;" Luke 9:27, "Till they see the kingdom of God." It means, "till they shall see my kingdom," my church, now small and despised, but eventually established, and spreading. And all this was accomplished. All these apostles, except Judas, lived to see the wonders of the day of Pentecost; some of them, John particularly, saw the Jewish nation scattered, the temple destroyed, the gospel established in Asia, Rome, Greece, and in a large part of the known world.

Lowjack

"This Generation will not pass until all things are fulfillied"
So what generation was he talking about ?
Read it carefully it is the generation who would see the fig tree bud again, who is the fig tree ? Israel.
When did it begin to bud as a nation again ? 1948.

When does a generation begin to pass away ?

"The Word Says" as it is establish for man to live 7 times 10 that is 70 years. when a generation dies off.

So you figure 1948
+ 70 Years

Now learn a parable of the Fig tree; When his branch is yet tender and putteth forth LEAVES, ye know that summer is nigh: so likewise ye, when ye see these things, know that it is near, even at the doors." Yeshua knew scripture too well to make any mistakes about it or use it inconsistently. Note that this "Budding of the Fig Tree", as the preachers love to call it, is still according to God's prophetic truth: it doesn't bring forth fruit, only leaves. "Let no fruit grow on thee henceforth, FOREVER." It is not a thing of good, not bringing forth God's fruit but bringing forth wickedness, with the empty promise of leaves, but no fruit.

True, its timing is important. It was a sign that the Second Coming of Yeshua HA Masshiach "Is near, even at the doors." It fits into its place with the other prophecies. In this same 24th Chapter of Matthew 3:28, Yeshua Christ states the seven signs which will indicate the approach of the Second Coming. The first six of these, this present generation has already seen. These were: First, false prophets and false Christs; Second, great wars of nation against nation and the kingdom of Satan against the Kingdom of God; Third, great famines in several nations, notably Russia, India and China, Africa; Fourth, pestilence; among them, the great influenza epidemic of 1917-1918, which killed more people than any pestilence since the Black Death of the Middle Ages. Fifth, earthquakes in diverse places. We have seen many, beginning with the San Francisco quake in 1906, earthquake and tidal wave in Messina, Italy and Indonesia. A few years later, one so severe in India in 1925 that an entire city had to be abandoned as the tomb of its population buried in the ruins, and several great quakes since then. Sixth, that "THIS GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM", not just the Gospel of Personal Salvation, but THIS GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." Only in our generation have we seen the worldwide preaching of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God.

StriperAddict

Harold Camping. Gotta love him - the dude sounds like Vincent Price on Rohypnol.

I haven't heard him in years. That guys' take on the word almost made me a Pharisee in my early days of faith. And anything to do with Spiritual gifts got ya heading to Hades in a handbasket. :rolleyes:

biggsteve

Gone But Not Forgotten
i, for one. can't wait for the 'rapture'.

maybe the traffic jams will disappear.
that would be heaven, to me. lol

crackerdave

Actually,Steve - the traffic's gonna be a mess!
I'm grateful that I won't be here to see it on the day or night the Lord comes and takes His church home.I may be in one of those cars that will veer off the road,driverless,after said driver has gone to be with Jesus.

If you want to get a very realistic look at what God says those hours after this happens will be like,come to "Judgment Journey" at Faith Baptist church in LaGrange next October.

Now,git on back over in th' po-litical forum,before elfii finds you over here![my smilie thingy is broke - I'm grinnin'!]