Lanier striper report

fredw

Retired Moderator
Fished a striper club tournament on Lanier yesterday. Fishing was tough as the lake is going through a seasonal change. The stripers don't know if they want to be shallow or deep, down lake or up, etc. My partner and I fished the Chestatee. We pulled bluebacks using planer boards and free lines all morning. We had some spots take the bait but no stripers. Early afternoon we switched to umbrella rigs and trolled the Chestatee River channel. We finished the day with one striper (small one at 9.1 pounds).

Final talley for the day.....23 fishermen caught 4 stripers. Our nine pounder took second place in the tournament.

Tough day on the lake. We did, however, manage to stay dry until 11:30 or so.

Last edited:

Pappy

I was "Spot" fishing Saturday and watched a ton of boats bunched up in the Chatahoochee arm about a mile and a half or so above Browns Bridge. Most were downlining and tolling but I saw nobody bringing anything in. Watched em for about 45 minutes or so. Spot fishing has slowed down for me as well. Wonder how long till the turnover has completed and things get back to normal?!!?!?!

fredw

Retired Moderator
Pappy

We talked with some bass fishermen yesterday and they too were having a difficult time. I guess we'll just need to be patient ;)