who s hunting bond swamp?

ben300win

Not next week but the weekend of the 29th. No help on where to go. Last year was the first time we went and most of it was under water. Saw some sign and a game warden. STAY OFF THE TRAIN TRACKS....even if you are crossing them. We were lucky he was in a good mood.

buddylee

U were lucky. Seen folks get a $300 ticket for walking on the tracks. They are private property owned by the railroad.

hunter44a

Not next week but the weekend of the 29th. No help on where to go. Last year was the first time we went and most of it was under water. Saw some sign and a game warden. STAY OFF THE TRAIN TRACKS....even if you are crossing them. We were lucky he was in a good mood.

he's never in a good mood

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member

U were lucky. Seen folks get a $300 ticket for walking on the tracks. They are private property owned by the railroad.

he's never in a good mood

Don't park near a gate, whether you block it or not.
Don't have beer in your cooler
and remember, your truck will be searched while you are in the woods or on the tracks

Craig Knight

I ain't been there in 3-4 years but will be going next weekend, if everything goes as planned. Definitely going the next weekend no matter what. Depending on the amount of water, I'm going to try to get back down beside the river way off towards the back where we used to go. Always had lots of pig sign .

grizzlyblake

Just to be clear, Georgia Firearms Licenses are not honored on Federal land, correct?

Meaning normal carry handguns are viewed as hunting weapons and must be unloaded until you are off the road in the woods. Is that right?

kil926

Just to be clear, Georgia Firearms Licenses are not honored on Federal land, correct?

Meaning normal carry handguns are viewed as hunting weapons and must be unloaded until you are off the road in the woods. Is that right?

I found this on website.
http://www.fws.gov/news/NewsReleases/showNews.cfm?newsId=E37DD72E-FB6C-9EBE-6B4F45440EDB35CE

And way I understood, you can use center fire rifle during the Hog hunt at bond swamp during the feral hog hunting.

http://www.fws.gov/southeast/pubs/bond_swamp_hunt.pdf

d45-70

they have designated parking but you can park along the hwy and rds provided you do not block the road or park on private property , or block gates ,warden will be there have brochure, tried to get me before i stepped out the truck luckily i printed mine from website lol!!