"THE MAALEE"!!!!!!!!

H

HT2

Here is a quote from Charles Barkley......

I'm para-phrasing of course.....

Please forgive the "asteriks".......

"Any fan that does anything to any player to aggitate a player to come into the stands, deserves to get the **** beat out of him"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should I be surprised by Charles Barkley's comment like this????? ::huh: ::huh: ::huh: ::huh:

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
They should take these " Professionals " and put a shovel in their hand behind an asphault truck and tell them " This is what you do for a living now "

H

HT2

Dbone.....

Well, what do expect from somebody who went to "AUBURN"!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p

BMD.................

I'M JUST KIDDIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yeah:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
ANd our children listen to what these people say, want to dress like them, etc.

Not to mention they all voted for a Democrat.

T

ryano

Banned
:rolleyes: doesnt suprise me one bit..........

GeauxLSU

Even though I don't care for the NBA or it's current crop of thugs I see their point. As one of the players said, "How many 5'9", 140# guys are going to throw something at a 6'7" 280# guy walking down the street?" The fans feel like they are protected and beyond touching. WRONG! Of course, the proper thing to do would have been to let the police/security handle the idiot fans but the player(s) took it in his own hands. Lot of generalities in these statements I know, but I don't think a player, just because he wears a uniform, should take PHYSICAL abuse from ANYONE. Again, handled poorly but, I can see why.
Having said all that... if you think about it, ALL professional athletes are basically performing animals. We pay them to perform 'tricks' that we like to watch. No different than a circus really. Except they get paid a lot more. Perhaps the occasional beer in the face is worth several million dollars a year? :rolleyes:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

GeauxLSU

ps - I can't stand Barkley. It almost hurts me to sort of agree with him. :rolleyes:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

QuakerBoy

First off, ask yourself...if somebody throws a drink in your face...what would you do.

That being said... in this situration, they should have taken the team off the court and demanded that the person/persons throwing objects etc be dealt with before they return to finish the game.

That being said..any person throwing anything onto a field/court at an athlete deserves to have the snot beat out of him and is taking his/her chances.

mpowell

GeauxLSU said:
Lot of generalities in these statements I know, but I don't think a player, just because he wears a uniform, should take PHYSICAL abuse from ANYONE.

if a fan came out of the stands and attacked a player i absolutely agree the player should defend himself. for example, the monica seles attack.

however, artest was WAY over the top rushing the stands. then, he attacks the WRONG guy, all the while saying, "did you throw it?" if you're going to rush the stands to attack someone, make sure you're attacking the right guy! he was wailing on a guy that didn't even start the mess to begin with.

yeah, the guy threw a beer on artest as he rushed him. i would have too. shoot, i'd have picked up my chair and crushed his skull if the artest came after me and i was completely innocent of any wrongdoing. if he can "defend" himself, so can i!

Perhaps the occasional beer in the face is worth several million dollars a year? :rolleyes:

i'd let you take stone cold steve austin's beer truck and hose me down for a week straight for that kind of money.