Bowl predictions

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Phil,

I'm not so sure Cotton is better any longer. Chic-fil-a does a great job and the payout and attendance just keeps getting better.

It's a game on the rise and the Cotton seems to be in decline.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I just went to the Cotton and Peach websites and found that the payout is better for the Cotton.

It pays approx $3 million per team while the Peach pays out approx. $2.15 million plus $400,000 to their favorite charities.

I'd still rather play on New Year's Eve than at 10AM on New Year's Day.

GeauxLSU

I just wanted them here so I could get a chance to see them. The Cotton has more 'tradition' obviously. Doesn't matter. We're undefeated in either. ;) http://www.tigerroar.com/football/history/bowls.php (I bet that 1947 game was a blast! :eek: ) Either way, if they can manage a top 10 finish this year (especially at the hands of a non SEC victim), I'll be very happy satisfied.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

GeauxLSU

Now they're saying Cap One. :rolleyes:
Doesn't matter. Hopefully the SEC will go undefeated. :clap:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

H

HT2

Phil.....

First of all....

There are way, way to many Bowl Games now.....They need to curtail some of them......But, we all know they won't......

The Cotton Bowl is more of a "traditional" bowl game that has been there for years.....Besides, like Jeff said......It pays more......That's probably enough reason right there for them to go.....

However, the Peach Bowl is quickly rising in popularity and it would be like playin' a Home Game for UGA......

It really doesn't matter where they play........I'll be pullin' against them..... :bounce: :bounce:

leadoff

GONetwork Member
Any idea what bowl Clemson and South Carolina will be playing in?
THE TOILET BOWL!!! :D

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
One thing has been pretty much settled by UGA's great victory over there arch-rival this weekend! The Dawgs will be playing either Wisconsin in the Outhouse or Tesax in the Cotton and will defeat which ever and complete their season at 10-2 and ranked in the top 5 in the land!

Go Dawgs!!!

Dog Hunter

Jeff Young said:
One thing has been pretty much settled by UGA's great victory over there arch-rival this weekend! The Dawgs will be playing either Wisconsin in the Outhouse or Tesax in the Cotton and will defeat which ever and complete their season at 10-2 and ranked in the top 5 in the land!

Go Dawgs!!!

Not if Greene doesn't play

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
You guys are killing me!

All I've heard all year was that Shockley needed more PT!

Now after one game y'all are throwing him under the bus and driving back and forth over the remains!

Buzz

Jeff - I would love to see Texas and UGA play in the Cotton bowl. IMO - both teams are very good teams, but I'm not sure either team is deserving of the top ten ratings they currently have. It would be an interesting game - I'd give a slight advantage to Texas if Greene is healthy and a huge advantage to Texas if not. I think that would be one of the better bowl games if it could come together.

Realistically, I think LSU goes to the Capital One Bowl and plays a great game against a good Iowa team, Tennessee goes to the Cotton Bowl and gets smacked by Texas, and Georgia helps further the late season Wisconsin collapse in the Outback bowl. If I am not mistaken, the Capital One Bowl pays more than the Cotton, Peach, or Outback.

I think GT is not deserving of a bowl game but it looks like we may play in the Champs Sports bowl (formerly Tangerine).