My little girl

farmasis

My little girl started asking a lot of questions today about God. I took her for a walk in the woods and I talked with her about what salvation means, why sin separates us from God, what grace through faith was and how to know if you are saved. I asked her if she was ready to ask Jesus to be the Lord of her life and she said she wanted to think about it some more. The more we walked, the more questions she asked. She says she understands that she has sin in her life and it keeps her from God. She says she believes Jesus was God's son and that he came to suffer and die for her. Finally, as we almost made it home, she said she was ready and we prayed right there. It was very sweet. I truly think she understands and made a decision tonight.

1gr8bldr

My little girl started asking a lot of questions today about God. I took her for a walk in the woods and I talked with her about what salvation means, why sin separates us from God, what grace through faith was and how to know if you are saved. I asked her if she was ready to ask Jesus to be the Lord of her life and she said she wanted to think about it some more. The more we walked, the more questions she asked. She says she understands that she has sin in her life and it keeps her from God. She says she believes Jesus was God's son and that he came to suffer and die for her. Finally, as we almost made it home, she said she was ready and we prayed right there. It was very sweet. I truly think she understands and made a decision tonight.
That's great that you were the one with her. You will always have that. I know from experience how special that is. Got one more who has not started asking yet.

CAL

I am sure that was quite an experience.Thanks for sharing this with us.May our Lord keep you and her in His hands.

christianhunter

Wonderful story.I know it will always mean so much to you my Brother.Praise GOD!

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Thanks Dad!

Oh, if all fathers could have that happen in their lives.
Thank you for sharing.

farmasis

Thanks Ya'll..it meant a lot for me.

She has asked questions before and said she wanted Jesus in her heart, but i didn't think she understood enough to know the decision she was making. I believe she does now. She wasn't spitting back something she heard, she was speaking in her own words from her heart. It made me cry.

Now she wants to be baptized right away! I guess we will talk to the youth minister Wednesday.

gtparts

Praise God - for salvation,and for daddies like you!

Still wiping tears from the corner of my eyes. What a joy and privilege to have you share this with us. God is good... all the time!

funandgun

Amen brother. I know how you feel. I wish there were more dads like you.

Jeffriesw

Praise God!

rjcruiser

Awesome!

Huntinfool

Awesome sir.....good for you for being PREPARED for that moment. Too many dads aren't ready themselves.

StriperAddict

What a beautiful memory that you will have forever. Praise God for His mercy and love toward the 'lil ones!

serving1Lord

What a wonderful experience it is to lead someone to the Lord,even more momentous when it is one of your children. God bless you and your family. ::;

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Wow! That is wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

Latest posts