Were ALL animals created on the 5th or 6th day?

HawgJawl

Helminths are multi-cellular organisms. They are living animals that generally possess digestive, circulatory, nervous, excretory, and reproductive systems. Pinworms are just one of numerous types of helminths and are one of the most common human internal parasites.

Did God create helminths such as pinworms and tapeworms and infect Adam and Eve with them in the Garden of Eden on the same day He created Adam and Eve?

Or, did God create some animals such as helminths at some later time (a subsequent creation)?

Or, did helminths evolve?

Or...?

What is your opinion?

ambush80

Helminths are multi-cellular organisms. They are living animals that generally possess digestive, circulatory, nervous, excretory, and reproductive systems. Pinworms are just one of numerous types of helminths and are one of the most common human internal parasites.

Did God create helminths such as pinworms and tapeworms and infect Adam and Eve with them in the Garden of Eden on the same day He created Adam and Eve?

Or, did God create some animals such as helminths at some later time (a subsequent creation)?

Or, did helminths evolve?

Or...?

What is your opinion?

I don't think there are many Atheists or Agnostics who believe that the world was created in 6 days. This might be a better question to ask the people who believe that the Bible is the inerrant word of God.

HawgJawl

This might be a better question to ask the people who believe that the Bible is the inerrant word of God.

I'm hoping that some of "those" folks will come here and give an opinion, because I'm skeered to ask a question like this on any other forum. Some folks seem to get real upset about anyone coming into "their" forum and "looking for trouble".

I'm really interested to see if anyone would consider the possibility of evolution existing along with an initial creation.

fishinbub

I'm hoping that some of "those" folks will come here and give an opinion, because I'm skeered to ask a question like this on any other forum. Some folks seem to get real upset about anyone coming into "their" forum and "looking for trouble".

I'm really interested to see if anyone would consider the possibility of evolution existing along with an initial creation.

I think animals and plants as we know them now have changed a little since the original creation (steelhead, rainbows, and cuts are all slight variations of the same fish) , but a single cell organism evolving into thousands of different animals is a stretch even for a SCI-FI film.

1gr8bldr

There are seemingly contridictions in the creation account. My view of this is that although God spoke things into existence, that doesn't mean that it "became" at that momment. God created plants but we see later that plants had not "sprung up " yet because God had not sent rain. Thus herbivores, plant eating animals must not have "been" and also carnivors could not have been sustained yet either. Men of "faith" speak as though the words of God have already happened even if not yet because God said it. Same thing with the misunderstood claim that Jesus existed before time began. Just a big misunderstanding of the scriptures.

fishinbub

There are seemingly contridictions in the creation account. My view of this is that although God spoke things into existence, that doesn't mean that it "became" at that momment. God created plants but we see later that plants had not "sprung up " yet because God had not sent rain. Thus herbivores, plant eating animals must not have "been" and also carnivors could not have been sustained yet either. Men of "faith" speak as though the words of God have already happened even if not yet because God said it. Same thing with the misunderstood claim that Jesus existed before time began. Just a big misunderstanding of the scriptures.

That is explained in the scriptures. Plants were there in the beginning, and they had water.

1gr8bldr

We see plants and trees created on the third day chp1. Chp 2 says that streams watered the surface but also before that says that no shrub had yet appeared nor plant of the field for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth. So we either have contridiction between 1 and 2 or their is an explanation. I would be interested in hearing other explanations

1gr8bldr

My explanation also works with the fact that the 6th day, man and woman were spoken into existence. This is in contridiction that on the 6th day man and woman were told to rule over the creatures but in chp 2, we see Adam ruling over the creatures in the naming process before Eve was even created.

fishinbub

no shrub had yet appeared nor plant of the field for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth.

Are you using a KJV Bible? It says he created every tree and shrub before it was in the earth (put it there as a fully grown tree) because there was no man to til the earth , and because God had not caused it to rain. It then says after creating the trees that God caused a mist to come out of the earth to provide them water.

1gr8bldr

Are you using a KJV Bible? It says he created every tree and shrub before it was in the earth (put it there as a fully grown tree) because there was no man to til the earth , and because God had not caused it to rain. It then says after creating the trees that God caused a mist to come out of the earth to provide them water.
Just looking at a parallel bible with 4 different translations. The KJ is easy to miss, "before it was". It is stated in the NIV as "no shrub had yet sprung up" and the NASB says "no shrub was yet in the earth and no plant had sprouted."

1gr8bldr

Sorry to derail your thread, HawgJawl. Hopefully it is interesting anyway

fishinbub

Just looking at a parallel bible with 4 different translations. The KJ is easy to miss, "before it was". It is stated in the NIV as "no shrub had yet sprung up" and the NASB says "no shrub was yet in the earth and no plant had sprouted."

Hawgjawl, I'm also sorry for hijacking your thread. I never can seem to stay away from a good argument!:D

I'm not going to get into a KJV vs. other versions debate, but I believe the Bible is the divine Word of God, and that any alterations to the message of the Bible are not the Words of God.

When read in context it clearly states that "The Lord God made the earth and the heavens, and every plant of the field before it was in the earth". God did not "plant" the trees as seeds. He created them as trees before they were in the earth.

1gr8bldr

Hawgjawl, I'm also sorry for hijacking your thread. I never can seem to stay away from a good argument!:D

I'm not going to get into a KJV vs. other versions debate, but I believe the Bible is the divine Word of God, and that any alterations to the message of the Bible are not the Words of God.

When read in context it clearly states that "The Lord God made the earth and the heavens, and every plant of the field before it was in the earth". God did not "plant" the trees as seeds. He created them as trees before they were in the earth.
That would be a debate that I don't care to get into either. As for the proper context, I don't know. I do believe that things were created "with age". Adam, for example, was not a baby.

atlashunter

Hawgjawl your question reminds me of one of Mark Twains writings about the fly.

drippin' rock

I don't think creation vs. big bang can be argued. Regardless of the power of your faith, the version of bible, or the power of your own scientific reasoning, it all boils down to what you want to believe. I have often thought both were right. God spoke it into existence, but not in the 6 day time frame of the bible. It happened over millions of years. How else do you explain fossils and carbon dating?

stringmusic

I don't think creation vs. big bang can be argued. Regardless of the power of your faith, the version of bible, or the power of your own scientific reasoning, it all boils down to what you want to believe. I have often thought both were right. God spoke it into existence, but not in the 6 day time frame of the bible. It happened over millions of years. How else do you explain fossils and carbon dating?

Look into some of the versions of the Gap Theory.

fishinbub

Do some research into carbon dating. It's hardly "tried and true". There is some debate about whether it's even remotely accurate. It's based on the idea that the amount of carbon (and ratios of radioactive carbon vs. "plain jane" carbon) in the atmosphere has always been the same. They also fail to take into account the amount of "carbon contamination" that can take place over "billions of years".

atlashunter

Do some research into carbon dating. It's hardly "tried and true". There is some debate about whether it's even remotely accurate. It's based on the idea that the amount of carbon (and ratios of radioactive carbon vs. "plain jane" carbon) in the atmosphere has always been the same. They also fail to take into account the amount of "carbon contamination" that can take place over "billions of years".

Maybe that would explain why carbon dating is only used for dating items up to about 50,000 years old.