Crappie Fishing

EJC

Anyone use any of their long crappie rods while in the kayak? I'm sure it could get intresting with a 10' or 12' rod. :cheers:

DEERFU

Gonna try it this spring on the Toona! Didn't have a chance last year. There's a rod mt. that holds 2 rods for the front of the boat that I've got to get to replace the single. I've seen 'em on here a couple of times already and think they'll work great.

EJC

Thanks deerfu, I hadn't thought about the double rod mount, but that's a cool idea. C'mon spring time.

crackerdave

I've got two flush-mount rod holders on the sides and one in the front center.When I'm trollin' for crappie,I paddle backwards.Very effective,and a good triceps workout!

DEERFU

I've got two flush-mount rod holders on the sides and one in the front center.When I'm trollin' for crappie,I paddle backwards.Very effective,and a good triceps workout!

You might just have to show us how well that works in person one day Dave :cheers:

crackerdave

You might just have to show us how well that works in person one day Dave :cheers:

Come to the "Woody's Jam" on the Chattahoochee near Franklin in April,and I will!:) It's a better technique on lakes and ponds than rivers,though.

Before I mounted the rod holders,I just stuck a pole between my toes on each foot!:cheers::bounce:

GeorgiaPineHunter

I've used a 12' surf rod in a kayak. Had a 30+ lb stingray pull us around for an hour before we broke off!

DawgsAndHawgs33

Come to the "Woody's Jam" on the Chattahoochee near Franklin in April,and I will!:) It's a better technique on lakes and ponds than rivers,though.

Before I mounted the rod holders,I just stuck a pole between my toes on each foot!:cheers::bounce:

whats this woodys jam u speak of i want more info plz sir

crackerdave

There's a thread in the "Campfire" forum and in the "Woody's Gatherings,etc" forum. Come and join us!:cool:

Latest posts