Any one east of Atlanta?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I'm in Eatonton. Fish several rivers around here along with some small lakes. Just bought a Coosa so hoping it will be easier to fish out of than the canoe I've used for the past 15 years. Have a couple small rivers that I target redeyes and redbreast in. Summer is best in them though.

Biggin13

Shoot yea. I'm in Milledgeville and have been looking for folks to go with. Let me know when and where and I'll try to be there.

Wishin I was Fishin

I'm northeast of ATL. On the hunt for a plastic battleship right now and hoping to get one in time for some spring fishing, if not then I should have one by early summer. I'll let you know when I get outfitted and we'll go sometime! Always up for a fishing trip.

Johnbob_3

I'm in Athens and have a Grumman 17' Eagle and am looking for some river fishing to do with my son. Hints and advice are welcome as I have never tried it here.

Longstreet1

I'm in Athens and have a Grumman 17' Eagle and am looking for some river fishing to do with my son. Hints and advice are welcome as I have never tried it here.

I was planeing on being out your way today but it was raining. Appalachee has some great fish in it. If you want to go one weekend let me know.

egomaniac247

I'm in Conyers, just moved over from Social Circle and before that, down from Richmond, Va in July.

I fish out of both my kayak & jon boat (electric only). So far I've only managed 3 Ga bass and 1 bluegill since then! I know the Ga fishing is better than this, I just haven't figured it out yet. I've tried Varner, Hard Labor, and Charlie Elliott.

Ever kayak the Yellow River?

Longstreet1

I'm in Conyers, just moved over from Social Circle and before that, down from Richmond, Va in July.

I fish out of both my kayak & jon boat (electric only). So far I've only managed 3 Ga bass and 1 bluegill since then! I know the Ga fishing is better than this, I just haven't figured it out yet. I've tried Varner, Hard Labor, and Charlie Elliott.

Ever kayak the Yellow River?

Yep many times I have never been in around Conyers mostly up in Gwinnette, hit me up and we can go sometime

Phil4whl

Im in conyers too,, live right next to the yellow. Prob gonna try my new sot in the yellow this Sun IF the water level goes down and clears up a bit..

Phil4whl

Yellow for bassin? Depends on the area. Id say its slow to fair, from north of the porterdale dam, and good south of the dam. Ive just never caught anything of good size above the dams,but thats just me :)

rayjay

I used to live in Snellville/Centerville and floated the Yellow at least a couple of times a month back in the 90's but I never fished it. I did see people bank fishing occasionally and they would be catching fish.

Our northernmost starting point was River Rd in the Connemara Subdivision and our southernmost ending point was the subdivision that contains lakes Capri and Sorrento. I do have some vague memories of taking out right at Ga 20 one time. Back then there was a lot of deadfall across the river when you get below Pleasant Hill Rd.

We could do a 7+ hour trip and never be more than 30 mins from the house :) My favorite trip was from 78 to Annistown Rd.

willyredeemed

My favorite trip was from 78 to Annistown Rd.

that's the stretch that i'd be interested in fishing. looks like there are class 3 rapids in that section, too. i'll have to chk it out one day and see how the fishing is once the river clears.

rayjay

There are no real rapids as long as you don't go after a big rainstorm. Just north of Annistown there is a section of 1 to 2 foot drops that is a lot of fun. You can do the 'rapid's, hop out and drag the yak back upstream and then do the rapids again. The water temp is very nice from May onwards.

There is one dangerous looking hole immediately north of the Annistown bridge but I never got the nerve to negotiate it.

The best sections of river start at Five Forks Trickum and end at Rockbridge or Pleasant Hill.

Remember that I haven't been on the river since probably 98 or 99. Back then the section I described above was kept cleared of deadfalls. I don't know if this is still true. The best way to learn the conditions would be to make short trips from road crossing to road crossing. Five Forks to 78, 78 to Annistown or to the bicycle park, Annistown to 124, etc.

The amazing thing is somedays you would not see another soul. You could hear people talking or cutting grass or whatever but you couldn't see them even though you were floating through their backyard.

I'm in Athens and fishing rivers is my first love since I grew up bass fishing the Satilla and Alapaha down in south Georgia. I just need to find a cheap Kayak that I can get into the water.