Location suggestions

Crickett

Little Lady
Where in Cherokee Co or Cobb Co are some good spots to do some portraits? I'm doing a shoot for my 20 year old niece & I have no idea of a good location. Don't really want to do the local park. Any suggestions? Thanks!:D

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
not much help from me crickett but try googling "photography in" and put your choices. sometimes there are pretty good tips that pop up or sometimes i just browse the photogs sites that pop up ( if they are decent !!!!) and it gives me ideas on places and poses. good luck to ya !!!

Hoss

Don't get up that way enough to be much help. Best of luck finding your spot.

Hoss

wvdawg

Staff member
Not real familiar with the area, but I bet there are some great old stone buildings around that could give you some pretty opportunities.

carver

How about Roswell,Ga. Bullock hall,for one.There quite a few old buildings around Roswell,or the old town square in Marietta,Ga.Hope this helps.

Crickett

Little Lady
Yeah I had thought about the Square in Marietta. I read a comment somewhere that some people are getting a little upset w/ photographers in Roswell. I think somebody was even complaining about photographers not paying for using the locations or something like that. I'm obviously looking for some place free since this will not be a professional shoot. Just need some practice before I shoot the wedding in April.

ronfritz

Yep, I've heard some of the wedding places in Roswell are starting to charge or make it difficult for professional photographers to just walk up and start using their facilities for a background. I can't believe there's a problem in the park thought...but if that's what you want, why not just go to the square Marietta. One place in Roswell that wasn't mentioned....maybe because it would be kinda shady is the Vickery Creek Park...there's a "new" covered bridge there.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=34.013223,-84.359105&spn=0.001656,0.002114&t=h&z=19

Or maybe there's some good backgrounds at Kennesaw Mountain or downtown Kennesaw. I've always liked Kennesaw Mountain...partly because the first commissioner of baseball was named after it. But also because it's got a huge rock just a little ways north up the trail off Burnt Hickory.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=33.965139,-84.590926&spn=0.001693,0.004128&t=h&z=19

Those are both "parky" types of settings...is that what you're after?

quinn

There is alittle spot off of Paper Mill rd.,it's a little creek or river.Lots of big boulders,cascading water,trees.I haven't been in a long time.I've been thinking of going and shooting some this weekend.The shots i've been posting at the hooch 285 and powers ferry.I didn't go to the main park entrance.On the otherside of the river is that old bridge some walking trails and the river is right there.You could also stop and ask a nieghbor whose yard and trees are in full bloom.Most people are delighted when ask to use their hard work in photo's!Good luck and psot some up when ya'll go!

Crickett

Little Lady
Yep, I've heard some of the wedding places in Roswell are starting to charge or make it difficult for professional photographers to just walk up and start using their facilities for a background. I can't believe there's a problem in the park thought...but if that's what you want, why not just go to the square Marietta. One place in Roswell that wasn't mentioned....maybe because it would be kinda shady is the Vickery Creek Park...there's a "new" covered bridge there.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=34.013223,-84.359105&spn=0.001656,0.002114&t=h&z=19

Or maybe there's some good backgrounds at Kennesaw Mountain or downtown Kennesaw. I've always liked Kennesaw Mountain...partly because the first commissioner of baseball was named after it. But also because it's got a huge rock just a little ways north up the trail off Burnt Hickory.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=33.965139,-84.590926&spn=0.001693,0.004128&t=h&z=19

Those are both "parky" types of settings...is that what you're after?

Thanks Ron. The covered bridge sounds like it would be cool. I don't have a problem w/ parks. It's just sometimes they can be a little crowded or at least the ones I've been too & I don't know I just didn't want to have to work around that.

There is alittle spot off of Paper Mill rd.,it's a little creek or river.Lots of big boulders,cascading water,trees.I haven't been in a long time.I've been thinking of going and shooting some this weekend.The shots i've been posting at the hooch 285 and powers ferry.I didn't go to the main park entrance.On the otherside of the river is that old bridge some walking trails and the river is right there.You could also stop and ask a nieghbor whose yard and trees are in full bloom.Most people are delighted when ask to use their hard work in photo's!Good luck and psot some up when ya'll go!

Thanks quinn! I have no idea where Paper Mill Rd is:huh:

Browtine

What about the site of the old mill you've posted pics of, Christy? I would imagine there'd be a sweet spot there. :huh:

carver

Thanks Ron. The covered bridge sounds like it would be cool. I don't have a problem w/ parks. It's just sometimes they can be a little crowded or at least the ones I've been too & I don't know I just didn't want to have to work around that.

Thanks quinn! I have no idea where Paper Mill Rd is:huh:
Paper mill is off Johnson ferry rd. Here are a couple of shots I've taken from paper mill park. The park is about 10 miles from the "big Chicken".I'm sure you can use map quest to get there.It's very scenic.Hope this helps Crickett.
002-22.jpg
012-9.jpg

quinn

Thanks carver for helping out.It does look like it could be good!

Crickett

Little Lady
What about the site of the old mill you've posted pics of, Christy? I would imagine there'd be a sweet spot there. :huh:

I'd have to get permission to go through the fence which is not a big deal just not sure who I'd need to ask.

Paper mill is off Johnson ferry rd. Here are a couple of shots I've taken from paper mill park. The park is about 10 miles from the "big Chicken".I'm sure you can use map quest to get there.It's very scenic.Hope this helps Crickett.

Thanks carver! That place looks awesome! Love the rock walls! Those would be perfect!

Thanks carver for helping out.It does look like it could be good!

Thanks for the suggestion quinn!

Lee Woodie

Crickett you have coopers furnace below the dam in Bartow