Mississippi youth hunt

TRKY270

I aint going to shoot him......Why not....He's a jake....It's OK,..... its legal, and daddy said...KILL HIM.......Naw....... I called up a yelp'n, cluck'n, gobbl'n jake and my little knothead that slept through the one hour and forty five minute drive to the place we where going to hunt tells me this. I made this same drive yesterday morning look'n for a bird to hunt today. I was proud of his decision no matter which way it would have went. The fact that he got his gun on the bird without spooking him and making his own decision is something I will never forget. It was a bad morning, a long bike ride in the dark, and rain, and it was his decision to go....

The weather finally cleared after lunch and we managed to pull this guy into kill'n range.....His decision paid off......

Kade2011turkeyMs.jpg

Kade2011turkeyMs2.jpg

greybeard

you cant wipe that smile off! congrats to both of you.

boparks

Congratulations!!!

And good for your son.....

Good photo and a good start for the season.

Gecko

Way to go young man! Congrats to you both. Hope you guys get to smash a few more noggins this year. This will be one that you both will not forget.

sman

Awesome!!!

Jaker

Banned
thats awesome, cherish those memories, some of the best ones I have are my dad and I hunting when I was his age and younger

Turkeydoghunter

way to go Mr. kenny.....did you use one of your Cox trumpets ? congrats to the young boy