fewer 2year olds?

labsnducks

I read in gon mag that there should be less 2 year olds out there this year due to 09's poor hatch. Just wondering if this is what yall saw last season with fewer jakes in the woods.

six

I saw multiple Jakes every place I hunted last year.

Public Land Prowler

definately less in 09 compared to 08,but the 2010 hatch looks to be somewhere in between the 08 and 09 numbers!Still gonna be a good year.Wont be like 08 and 09 seasons when there were mostly old birds,and people were crying they couldnt kill a bird...lol..saw alot of tears shed in 08 and 09,but man they turned pro again when the 2yr olds started running to the calls last year!..lol

Unicoidawg

Staff member
I passed on 18 different jakes last year. Now I'm sure one or two of those bit the dust, but I'm hoping a few made it....:cheers:

mtstephens18

i hope we have another year like last year. that was the best turkey hunting year i have ever been a part of. lots of vocal birds too..

sman

I saw a bunch of 2 year olds the other day. 7 in a line with 5or 6 jakes in front of them. This year should be real good and next doesn't look to shaby either.:cheers:

Ace1313

I have seen my jakes from last year! Looks like there may be one suicidal one in the group.

MCNASTY

There was so many vocal two year olds last year I didnt get much chance to set up and call blind when I usually see jakes. But judging from the pre-season scouting the 2009 jakes compared to 2010 jakes were down alot. But that means alot of older birds this year and a quality challenge in the 2011 turkey season

Latest posts