PDA

View Full Version : hog hunt

holton27596
03-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Ga. hog hunt

Day 1. I saw 8 come out, but they were all small pigs. John shot a nice one, but only wounded it.
Day 2. Got the dogs out. saw a big hog in the road, John shot at it and missed. Turned the dogs loose and the race was on. Running thru the ga swamps until she got hemmed up. I eased up and poped here with my 44, at which point she charged us making us scatter. she went about 50 feet past us and piled up. I was walking to her and did not get 20 foot before the dogs jumped a boar, the race was on again. The dogs finally bayed it and John was able to crawl thru the bushes until he got close enough to drop it. made for a gereat day sat.
day 3. turned out the dogs and they lost the first one (different set of dogs), but redeemed themselves quickly baying a good eating sized pig for John. Unfortunately 1 of the dogs got heat stroke and we called off the hunt early to take care of the dog (I checked last night and the dog made a full recovery. Barry did say that he would retire the dog after that tho.
hunt included room and board. My costs was 350. no fence, real wild hogs. John is hooked and cant wait to go back. may have to do a repeat in May or june.

HawgWild23
03-07-2011, 02:46 PM
nice hogs I like that white and black boar.

pitbull
03-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Is that a baying boykin? Nice catch, dogs did a good job!