SBE II / Jelly Head choke?

mallardk

Patterned SBE II 12 ga with Jelly Head Choke, Rem Nitro Mag 3 1/2 # 6 , shot first pattern at 40 yrds and only had 4 or 5 pellets in neck bone and head.
Stepped up to 30 yrds and same thing, might have had less.

I then tried shooting high, low, left and right, and never did i have a good pattern.

Order a Carlson choke today, but i remember last year trying Winchester premiers and I still wasnt that mpressed when i read post and see patternes of others at 40 yars and the head is nearly gone, something aint right.

what combos have you guys had luck with in a SBE II?

chevyman2000

have you polished your barrel yet? I gained about an average of 15-20 pellets after doing it. I was using the primos jelly head with just some cheap remington 2.25oz 3.5". it was "ok". then I started using Winchester cheapies. Finally i got some hevi 2oz 3" #6 and #5 and it did the best around 170 #6 at 40. I got a .665 indian creek and I'm over 220 now. Hope this helps.

chev.

head buster

I'm shooting the same gun and choke. Im shooting the Fed. HW 7's and getting 200+ in a 10"circle.

Try shooting a big piece of paper to see what your pattern looks like. Your POA may not be the same as you POI with different shells.