single shot

bonecollector

thinking about rigging me up a lightweight single shot for the ole gobbler what yaw think ? been looking at some of the singles on the forum and they are rigged perty im lovn it . saw that rossi has a single rigged with a 23 inch barrell three and a half inch mag anyone got one yet whats the pattern like im used to carrying a thirty lb gun around thought it might be nice to carry something with a little more mobility as long as it can perform whats yaws thoughts:pop:

nhancedsvt

Banned
I'll be carrying a single shot 20 gauge this year. I've shot it a bunch in the last couple months and I can already tell I'm going to really enjoy hunting with it.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
My turkey gun is a single shot, 3 of my deer rifles are single shots. My pump gun is for doves and ducks.

I like single shot weapons.

bonecollector

cool

cool guys you may have already on the turkey rig pics if not you got pics are your singles rossi or h@r if so what kinda chokes you shootn:cool:

nhancedsvt

Banned
I'm shooting an NEF Pardner 20 gauge with a Colonial Arms Extra Full turkey choke. I had to have it threaded to accept a choke though. Search the turkey guns thread and there's pics of my gun in there I think.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
The Gun Docc Special.

Attachments

• MVC-132F.JPG
    MVC-132F.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 470

Swamprat

Swamprat
First shot is what counts. I grew up using a single shot .410 for rabbits, squirrels, turkeys and deer when using a slug.

Some things like bowhunting and single shot guns make you a better hunter.

Killdee

thinking about rigging me up a lightweight single shot for the ole gobbler what yaw think ? been looking at some of the singles on the forum and they are rigged perty im lovn it . saw that rossi has a single rigged with a 23 inch barrell three and a half inch mag anyone got one yet whats the pattern like im used to carrying a thirty lb gun around thought it might be nice to carry something with a little more mobility as long as it can perform whats yaws thoughts:pop:

A 3-1/2 in a light weight single hurts me just writing about it. I'm in the process of building 1 of 2 of my H&r's very similar to what nhancedsvt has.
I have a 1940-early 50s and a 1980s H&r 20 gauge, most likely use the older 1 since it was my first far-arm and it doesnt get used anymore otherwise.

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
You can buy the H&R chambered in 3&1/2 inch with a .655 screw in choke. I have one that I purchased several years back. My Wife and Son have taken their first birds with the same gun. That 3 & 1/2 ain't no fun to shoot in the single shot. You tend to make sure of your shots because when you get up, you would like to see what you were shooting at! :bounce: Good Luck, Tim

CAL

Like you I am always looking for something light to carry.I have looked at more than I can even remember but I can remember that nothing out there to my finding is as light as my 870 youth model 20 ga.It has the cheap stock and is the lightest of all so far.Plus it shots more than 1 time.Check it out,I believe you will find I am correct.

TwoSeventy

NEF 12 guage. I been shooting it for 20 years. Very light and you dont have to worry about scratching it or it getting it wet. My Camo pattern is black and green spray paint. It patterns good, the only problem is the recoil. I dont dare shoot the 3 inch shells in it.

Gadget

Carried it on looong walks last weekend hunting in South Florida, very light, 5lbs

DSC01297.jpg

Ben Athens

I have been shooting an H&R 12 ga single shot for the last 10 years. Works great and I shoot 3 inch shells.

Huntinfool

Been carrying a single shot 20 for two years now. This'll be my third. It's just too much fun to put down. Plus you don't even know it's there....which is awesome.