The front note of the yelp-instructional

scott ellis

Here's a little something I threw together for helping attain the whiney high front note of the yelp.

embedded video below

Last edited by a moderator:

nhancedsvt

Banned
Great video!:cheers:
I've been trying that out for the last few weeks and still haven't quite got the hang of it but it's coming along.

jonboy

Thank you for this post! I try to explain this to people all of the time and they just look at me like im an idiot.......

Last edited:

bangbird

There's some crappy videos on youtube about mouth calling. Some guys have no business making instructional videos.

This is one of the best I've seen. Good job...

Limb Hanger

scott so many contest callers are not putting rasp in the call.....sounds just like the "front end" yelp you demonstrated. In it's own way just as bad as a all rasp yelp! Good luck this spring.

jason edney

sman

Great video and example.

If I can't kee kee on a mouth piece, I toss it. Not because I plan on running around kee keeing my head off, but because if I can kee kee on it I can do the front end of the yelp properly. Just my way of doing it, right or wrong.

jonboy

Great video and example.

If I can't kee kee on a mouth piece, I toss it. Not because I plan on running around kee keeing my head off, but because if I can kee kee on it I can do the front end of the yelp properly. Just my way of doing it, right or wrong.

Excellent point! I'm the same way!!!

scott ellis

AMC5 That call is one I built for hunting this year. It is just a split V with the wing tips trimmed of just like my signature call, but the latex is natural. Same side tension and back tension.

Yeah I get what your saying Jason.....I like some back end rasp in the hen I'm trying to imitate....

Last edited: