870 Project Turkey Destroyer

swamppirate

Well here she is. Just back from the gunsmith....870 special purpose (original Mossy Oak), knoxx recoil reduction stock, Truglo reflex sight, super full turkey choke...now comes the fun part of sightin' it in...

Attachments

• 870.jpg
    870.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 1,179

goblr77

That's a nice rig but I couldn't have done that to that gun. They look too good "bone stock" in the original bottomland.

swamppirate

I've got the original stock, it only takes one screw to replace!!....no worries...it's easy enough to switch back. Just liked the pistol grip on the knoxx....

nhancedsvt

Banned
Looks exactly like my 12 gauge...you'll really like the Knoxx stock.

jigman29

Sweet gun.Just got my 870 back today,had the barrel cut down and drilled and tapped the reciever.Gonna paint it and put my knoxx stock on it tonight.Can't wait.

Scout-N-Hunt

I had an 1187SP 12 ga in the same original Mossy Oak Bottomland. Traded it off and regret it - great turkey gun.

The Knoxx stock should take the sting away if it is tappin' 'ya too hard.

swamppirate

I had an 1187SP 12 ga in the same original Mossy Oak Bottomland. Traded it off and regret it - great turkey gun.

The Knoxx stock should take the sting away if it is tappin' 'ya too hard.

I just bought the first 11-87 to be made camo...it was the original Trebark Brown....1992 NWTF gun...the quality on the older guns in my opinion are much better made with no crappy trigger lock....

Scout-N-Hunt

I just bought the first 11-87 to be made camo...it was the original Trebark Brown....1992 NWTF gun...the quality on the older guns in my opinion are much better made with no crappy trigger lock....

Agreed ...... just remembered it was the original Trebark and I called it Bottomland. Traded mine for a 1996 NWTF 1187SP 12ga in a newer MO camo and promised I wouldn't get rid of this one. Put an Indian Creek BDS choke on it a couple of years back and going out this weekend to check the pattern.

swamppirate

Agreed ...... just remembered it was the original Trebark and I called it Bottomland. Traded mine for a 1996 NWTF 1187SP 12ga in a newer MO camo and promised I wouldn't get rid of this one. Put an Indian Creek BDS choke on it a couple of years back and going out this weekend to check the pattern.

What kind of shot do you run through the Indian Creek?