My day at Bass Pro Shop

I want to share a story with you guys that really touched me. About three weeks ago i was at the Bass Pro shop in Gwinnett looking for some Turkey calls when an older gentleman ,and I struck up a conversation. We talked for about two hours telling hunting stories and exchanging tactics. This older guy was a super nice person that had been hunting Turkeys for about 40 years ,and was very knowledgeable about the sport. After we had realized how long we had been talking we exchanged phone numbers ,and off we went in our own directions. Shortly after leaving he called me on my cell ,and told me how much he had enjoyed our conversation ,and told me he wanted me to come back to the Bass Pro shop on March 19 or the 20th because he was doing a call demo there ,and he wanted to give me a box call ,but since then he called me and we met in Atlanta so he could give me the call ,and not only did he give me the box call he also gave me one of his personal pot calls as well. This has to be one of the most unselfish acts i have ever seen. This guy had never met me until that day and i am so proud to call Wayne Shaw my friend.

jigman29

Glad to see the world still has a few good people left in it.Didn't figure they had those in the big city lol.::ke:

J Gilbert

That's a great story man, there are still a few good people left in the world, and it just so happens most of them hunt haha

turk2di

No doubt about it, turkey hunters really go out of their way to help another turkey hunter, to share their knowledge and help in any way.Hopefully you two will have struck up a lifelong relationship! This Mr. Shaw really sounds like a great guy!

SGaither

That's fantastic. At least you walked out of BPS with something valuable, more so than any of the junk they sell

Ricochet

It's always good to read stories like this - us turkey hunters are the best! :)

Tom Talker

I have met Wayne on several occasions at conventions and I believe even at BPS. He is definitely a very fine man and a great pleasure to talk to. I never hunted with him, but I believe that man has a few spurs to his credit. He is a true gentleman and sportsman.