AWWWWW Crud!!!!!!!!!!!

Should youth hunts be open to private lands and WMA's???

• Total voters

HALOJmpr

Season in my zone in FL opens the 19th. But this weekend they have a youth hunt for kids. I planned on taking my nephew to a spot I had located some great birds and a HUGE TOM. It will be his first bird and I was going to have his dad sit with him as I called for them. BUT, the WMA's are off limits for the youth hunts??????? It's only for private land???? What is that ... how is that fair??? I'm scrambling trying to find a friend who has birds to let us hunt but it looks like its gonna bust! Now I guess on opening weekend I'm going to still let him hunt first on the WMA ... it'll mean a lot more to him!

Ricochet

I've heard from a good source that it will done for WMAs next year.

HALOJmpr

That's the plan FWC has .... I just don't understand why not this year?

deerslayer357

I voted for private land, but I misread it. I was thinking it should be on public land only or on both. NOT private land only.

On a side note-- Good luck and I hope you can find a place to let him hunt!

coon hunter

Ya I knew our season opens the 26th but didn't know if I was missing something. Think they did open deer season a week earlier for the youths. Wish they would do a youth season here. Would get a lot of young people in the woods.

HALOJmpr

Next year they are saying that it will be open youth for public and private. We'll get him bird a week later I guess.

Swamprat

Swamprat
I voted that private land does not need it....let the youths hunt the weekend before on public.

There is no benefit from allowing a kid to hunt private land a week earlier.

I voted that private land does not need it....let the youths hunt the weekend before on public.

There is no benefit from allowing a kid to hunt private land a week earlier.

I agree. If you're gonna do only one, then the kids should have a jump on public land, not private land. I really think that it should be all or none, either the whole state gets an extra week for the kids or no one does.