Not the way you want to get ready for Turkey Season

gobblingghost

Well went this morning to fine tune my Benelli SBE for this season. I have started shooting Magnum Blend. Wel after 2boxes of 3.5" shells and a box 2.75 trying to get this gun tuned in. After about 1.5 hrs, we finally have it right. Well I about to leave and picked up my gun and felt something sharp. I looked and my b-square mount back screw had ripped out. So all the work we had done was for nothing. I tried to call B Square and they are closed. Has anyone else heard of this happening....:banginghe

trkyburns

You shot two boxes of 3.5's in one sitting? I know a SBE doesn't kick like my mossberg does, but still... OUCH!

rutandstrut

Lead sled baby

What he said! Caldwell Lead Sled! Awesome! I just shot 2 Boxes of 3.5" Winchester Extended Range out of an 835 and a Stoeger M3500 (both very light Guns), 1 Box of 3" Winchester Extended Range out of a Stoeger M2000 (Very Light Gun) and one Box of 2 3/4" Winchester Extended Range out of an Ithacha M37 Featherweight with a 22" Barrel (Super Light)! The only pain I felt is when I didn't mount the Lead Sled right and it pinch the skin on my arm!

ryanwhit

you are a better man than I...

Killdee

Wow that was a tuff break, why not shoot some low brass to get it close and fine tune it with the nose bleed stuff?

frankwright

Actually the Lead Sled might be the problem.

With the gun in the lead Sled it is like the buttstock slams into a wall with every shot. No soft shoulder to cushion it. That instant,abrupt stop jars the scope, mount and every thing else too.

I have heard of stocks breaking also.

Wishin I was Fishin

I tell you what if he didn't have that lead sled he wouldn't have gone through 2 boxes by himself. I'm not small by any means and after six 3.5" shells at the range yesterday I was begging for mercy. I actually flinched on the last shot and pulled the pattern, at that point I packed it up and took it on to the house.

Sorry for your gun troubles, hope you get it worked out before opening day.

CassGA

Actually the Lead Sled might be the problem.

With the gun in the lead Sled it is like the buttstock slams into a wall with every shot. No soft shoulder to cushion it. That instant,abrupt stop jars the scope, mount and every thing else too.

I have heard of stocks breaking also.

My thoughts as well. I have heard of red dot scopes being damages because the recoil when using a lead sled. Like Frank said, that recoild has to be dispersed somewhere. Usually it is the shoulder. When using a lead sled, that sudden shock is transfered to other areas, sights and mounts included.

DaddyPaul

I cracked a lens in a brand new Burris Speed Dot in 7 Nitro rounds out of my Encore and Lead Sled. Just sayin...

doghuntin

I had a few problems with mounts and scopes with my lead sled, saved up and got a hyskore dangerous game rest and no problems.

gobblingghost

I'll be calling as soon as they open in the morning

Gadget

How much weight were you using in the sled, 50lbs ?

don't put any weight in your lead sled or only use 25lbs, with no weight the sled will slide back into your shoulder which reduces the recoil absorbed by the gun.

gobblingghost

I think we put 50 lbs

gobblingghost

Well I called B square and they are suppose to send me a new one. I hope I get it soon.

Gadget

another thing to consider is that depending on what type of surface the sled is on it will slide or grab, grabs hard on carpet so you don't want any weight, will slide on unfinished wood. What ever your shooting on you'll want the sled to slide into your shoulder some to absorb the recoil, no slide = no good for gun and sights.

goblr77

Cases like these are a good reason for everyone to have at least one backup turkey rig. Crap happens.

gobblingghost

Cases like these are a good reason for everyone to have at least one backup turkey rig. Crap happens.

I have been in process of building another rig. BUT I can say this B Square has some great customer service. I called them yesterday and told them what happened at lunch I emailed pictures. They shipped my new mount out that day and I have it in my hands. I'll be mounting today.:cool::yeah:. I will be doing business them again nothing makes smile like someone that cares and does what they say they will do. B Square did a BIG thumbs up:cool: