Bow hunting Turkeys

HALOJmpr

A lot of folks run them as low as 50lbs. It's more than enough and with let off will allow you to have a long hold if needed as a bird struts or works his way in!

The Arrow Guru

Turkeys can be smoked with 35 - 40 lbs. You do not need full penetration. Hit them in the vitals, it's even better if the arrow stays in. Best shot you can have is a full strut bird facing straight away and ring him up in the pootie shoot. He will fall like he is hit with a full load of #6 HV at 20 yards!

HALOJmpr

Get the Rage 2" broadheads ... max damage and fly great. Watch what you buy they have 1.5 and 2" models. I have only seen them in 100 and 125 grain! Good Luck!!!

HALOJmpr

you're ready to rock!!! Good Luck!!!!!

Brad C.

Don't think for a second that putting an arrow all the way through a bird isn't the way to go. The last bird I shot with a bow was at 14yds. I shot its heart out. Ran 3 or 4 steps and fell over dead.

Kevin Farr

thanks i have been told to use lighter poundage, just never hunted turkey with bows. thanks to you who have replied.

You can put an adder point on your arrow as well to slow penentration.

As you already know, shot placement is the key on everything of course. Turkeys have a little different kill zone that is not as low as some might would instinctively think. good luck

belle&bows

hit em high watch em die, hit em low watch em go...
unless you take out the legs at the drumsticks. They gotta to able to run to lift off

Covehnter

Save yourself the heartache and put an adder point behind the broadhead to be sure the arrow stays in the bird, pinning his wings and making it more difficult to fly. Even a mortally wounded bird can take to the air and be lost. The points are super cheap and dont effect arrow flight. There is no reason not to use them, speaking from experience.

dtala

big four blade Steelforce with a Zwickey Scorpio stopper on the shaft behind the head to slow penetration...
wb3.jpg

bow blind with stand...
wb2.jpg

wb1.jpg

havoc1.jpg

it works too.....
first06-2.jpg

troy