Scope or No Scope

GobblerFever

Not asking the pros and cons of a red dot on a turkey rig...However, my question is, do you think a red dot prevents more misses than it does prevent getting shots on birds that sneak up behind you, come running/flying in, and/or 2nd shot chances? In other words, is the amount of misses you prevent with a scope greater than the missed opportunities from birds that surprise you and that you could potentially have a chance at with open sights? Thanks

Nitro

Banned
I know that with a red dot, it doesn't matter, running, flying or standing still- with the POA/POI (in other words, you spent the time and ammo to sight in) being lined up , your accuracy level will be higher than with a plain bead sight.

I would be willing to bet money on it...

If the red dot is on the bird's neck - he is dead. Simple as that.

These red dots are simply the best system out there - it took me exactly 3 shells to sight in and 2 to ensure that my loads were dead on the money- out past practical distances.

Ben Athens

I vote for a scope. I used a red dot for several years annd I had problems with it making things seem farther away for some reason. Had trouble getting on a couple of birds. With a 4 power scope they certainly do not look farther away. Of all the sighting systems I have used a scope is the best for me.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
So you can get the red dot on there faster than a plain ol bead? And your a betting man! Interresting! sounds like your a red dot man! Never used one,maybe one day!

Nitro

Banned
So you can get the red dot on there faster than a plain ol bead? And your a betting man! Interresting! sounds like your a red dot man! Never used one,maybe one day!

Guaranteed.

We have shot bead vs red dot at the range- with a timer.

Red Dot Optics are faster and more accurate. Every time.

Jaker

Banned
I use a bead, each to their own, but if it aint broke don't fix it. plus its just one more thing to break, or potentially cause problems. I have never really liked the idea of scopes or red dots on a gun because I have killed several birds where I doubt I could have with a scope on there. maybe one day I'll get old and have to use one because of my eyesight, but til then aint happennin for me.

Latest posts