How many of ya'll have actually heard a kee-kee?

hawglips

Banned
I have, and I do.

bnew17

I heard one kee kee continously last saturday. Called up a hen 2 years ago doing a kee kee. They definitely do it more than you think. If you arent paying attention good it can almost sound like a song bird from a distance. Yes i use it

florida boy

I have used it on a last ditch effort on hung up birds with hens . It brings out the " mother " instinct in the hens sometimes and they come running dragging old longbeard in tow . I usally only use it on birds that I have a visual on and quickly stop if I dont get a rapid response .

RipperIII

I've heard it a lot during deer season, and a few times in the spring, I was calling it a "whistle" till someone corrected me.
Last turkey season I was doing some soft yelping when a hen came up behind me "whistling"...guess it was a Kee-Kee

pnome

I heard one for the first time this past deer season!

I was tucked in behind my little umbrella blind on the edge of a pine thicket when a small flock marched right at me. They got to within about 3 feet of my umbrella blind before they saw me move. They went absolutely nuts trying to get out of there. Flying each every way.

Well, about 1 minute or two later I hear them making assembly calls and one of the small ones that flew down into a bottom started kee kee'ing.

Never tried to make that call myself though.

Ricochet

I haven't, but I will give it try soon.

hoppie

It is in most of sequences. Do it a lot leading into yelps.

mtstephens18

my friend and i had a hen come in doing it every breath for about ten minutes last year.... that was the first time i actually ever heard a turkey in the woods do it

rutandstrut

I have heard Turkeys Kee Kee many times in the fall when I am Derr Hunting or scouting! I will randomly throw in a Kee Kee or a Kee Kee Run when I am Turkey Hunting! It works well in the Spring! Try it if you don't already use it! Its works very well!

GeorgeShu

I heard one yesterday while scouting an area. Must have walked into some birds - didn't see them - but heard one doing the kee-kee and kee-kee run trying to re-establish contact with other birds.

I use it but admit I am not that good doing it.

dtala

don't hear it much in the spring but a short kee kee run followed by yelping is a deadly jake call....

Uncle Nicky

Plenty of the times. We have a fall season up here, it's the go-to call if you happen to bust up a flock & want to call them back in. Also works in the spring as a locator call.

Latest posts