WHICH mossberg 500?

chevyman2000

Was at a local gun shop today on the way home and almost pulled the trigger on a new turkey gun which I may laso use for waterfowl. I figured I'd check on here first before making a decission. Which one of these patterns best? I was thinking of getting the first gun which has 2 barrel becuase for the extra $50 I can't go wrong! What do you all think about these options? Which one will get the best results at 40 yards in a 20 gague? Also which choke. I plan on shooting either hevi or Fed HM in a 3" #6.

500 field/deer combo in MO B/U 26" & 24" barrels Part #54186 <--- $373.94

54186.jpg

500 turkey MO B/U 24" barrel Part #54241 <--- $328.28

54241.jpg

500 turkey grand slam RT HD 22" PT barrel Part #54239 <--- $338.93

54239.jpg

chev.

Those prices seem high for a Mossberg 500, but I haven't priced them lately. For those prices, you can get a Remington 870, which IMO is made much better. My local Walmart has a full camo 870 Super Mag with a 26" barrel for $327.

If you're set on a Mossberg, you might consider the 535 for the 3.5" capability on the same frame.

Of those 3, I would definitely get the combo. You can sell the extra barrel for more than the difference in the price if you decide you don't want it.

Sorry, didn't see that you were wanting a 20 gauge. Haven't priced 20 gauges, but I'd still go with the combo.

chevyman2000

I'm in Ontario Canada and EVERYTHING here is more cash than in the states.

I had some serious customer service issues with remington and will never buy another remington product, EVER!

chev.

emusmacker

That's too bad, you're really missing out then by not buying a Remington. I know your pain about customer servive but you gotta remember, everyone messes up. The way I see it is, the 870 is the number one pump gun in the world, not too bad of customer service.

chevyman2000

I won't risk getting another lemon shotgun again. I had an 870 express that jammed every shell in the barrel once fired. I spent $100 in shipping to three different remington approved gun smiths. I showed it to them jamming got it in writing that they saw it in person. I mailed it off the remington and they would just tell to send it to another gunsmith. I ended up doing a little research online and ended up having it honed out at a machine shop. I contacted remington again to notify that I had fixed the issue. I won't even repeat what was said and how I was treated. Lets just say There was an add posted for the shotty not 5 min after I hung up the phone.

emusmacker

Again man, sorry you had an issue, I've had lemons in vehicles but didn't stop me from buying another vehicle from same manufacture. I understand it does put a bad taste in your mouth tho. I had a brand new Remington 887 nitro mag that broke and I called Remington, they told me to send it back to them, and they replaced my gun. 15 bucks shipping via UPS and 9 days later I had new shotgun. and yes I shoot it today, will buy another one too. Like I said earlier, sorry for your inconveinience, but to just say you will never own another Remington to me is crazy.

im not sure i would buy a mossberg i shot one patterning it this afternoon, and all i can say is owwww, worst kicking gun iv ever shot in my life